Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rose Leslie. Check it out!
Rose Leslie is a Scottish actress. Her leading on screen debut was at age 21 in the television film New Town (2009). She is famous for playing Ygritte in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones (2011). Leslie also appeared in the films Now Is Good (2012) and The Last Witch Hunter (2015).
Interesting Facts about Rose Leslie
- Graduated, LAMDA Three-Year Acting Course, 2008.
- Is descended from Charles II of England (1630-1685), who was King of England, Scotland, and Ireland, from 1660 to 1685, and King of Scotland, from 1649 to 1651. Actors Kit Harington and Dacre Montgomery are also descended from Charles II, and are therefore Rose’s distant cousins.
- Born on the same date as Michael B. Jordan.
- Announced her first pregnancy with husband Kit Harington in the September issue of Make Magazine (September 2020).
- She is of Scottish, English, Welsh, 1/8th Mexican, and more distant Irish and French Huguenot, descent (Rose’s paternal great-grandmother, María de la Luz de Landa Osio, was from a wealthy Mexican family). Rose is a descendant of New Zealand politician Frederick Weld; Charles Clifford, 6th Baron Clifford of Chudleigh; Ambrose Lisle March Phillipps De Lisle, who founded Mount St. Bernard Abbey; politician Charles March-Phillipps; Simon Fraser, 13th Lord Lovat; and James Grimston, 3rd Earl of Verulam; and other prominent leaders in the British Empire.
- (June 23, 2018) Maried her on-off boyfriend of 6 years Kit Harington in a romantic ceremony at Kirkton of Rayne church in Aberdeenshire, Scotland following a 6-month-long engagement, and the reception was held at nearby Wardhill Castle, which is owned by Leslie’s family. Game of Thrones (2011) co-stars Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, and Maisie Williams were in attendance.
- 5th cousin of actress Olivia Wilde through Scottish nobility.
Personal Quotes by Rose Leslie
Luther’ is raw and brutal like ‘Game Of Thrones,’ but it’s coincidence. If I’m drawn to anything, it would be the writing. Choosing a project is an organic process where I’m taken in by the character and storyline, not the genre, whether fantasy or gritty and raw.- Rose Leslie
I have had the most wonderful childhood, and I was raised in a very loving family. And it was nothing short of an amazing privilege because I was incredibly lucky to be able to play up in trees and make it like silly dens in a bush and stuff like that.- Rose Leslie
I definitely think it opened doors for me and what was so fantastic about ‘Downton’ being showed over in the States, was that it helped get me noticed.- Rose Leslie
I do love archery in my day-to-day life because I find it very therapeutic, and I’ve trained every season with the bow and arrow.- Rose Leslie
It is so inspirational, to see that in the world of Westeros, men are answering to women, and they are a force to be reckoned with. It’s empowering, and it’s inspirational as well, because you’re just like, ‘This is great!’- Rose Leslie