Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ross Butler. Check it out!
Ross Fleming Butler was born in Singapore, and was raised in the Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C. area. He attended Ohio State University studying Biomolecular and Chemical Engineering, but decided to drop out after one year after discovering he had no passion or interest in that field of study. He moved to Los Angeles in 2010 and found his love for acting after his friend bought him his first acting class for this 21st birthday. He had seen the vast under representation of Asian American talent in Film and TV and the misrepresentation of Asian American males throughout his life and decided he would make it his goal to change the stereotype and fight for inclusion in Hollywood.
Interesting Facts about Ross Butler
- Has a pet giant tortoise named Sheldon.
- Volunteers his free time mentoring kids at the Boys and Girls Club of Venice in Southern California.
- His father is of British-Dutch descent and his mother is of Chinese-Malaysian ancestry.
- When he had to leave Riverdale (2017) for season 2 to do 13 Reasons Why (2017), his character was recast with Charles Melton.
- Plays the piano and learned to master the guitar via a learning video game.
- He auditioned for Zack Taylor/The Black Ranger in Power Rangers (2017), while his future Riverdale (2017) co-star K.J. Apa auditioned for Jason Scott/The Red Ranger. Another Riverdale co-star, Cody Kearsley, did appear in the film.
Personal Quotes by Ross Butler
As actors, we have to take characters, and we have to feel for them and ultimately become them, and share that on screen so that audience feels that.Ross Butler
My full name is Ross Fleming Butler; it’s very British-Irish.Ross Butler
I’ve played a jock a lot, but pretty nuanced jocks.Ross Butler
If someone offers me a hot plate of Penne Arrabiata, fageddaboutit.Ross Butler
My mom just wanted me to do anything that was academic, whether it was become a doctor or be a lawyer. Engineering suited her… then I dropped out. It was not what I wanted to do at all; it just felt so unnatural, and I couldn’t put my finger on why. I just knew it wasn’t for me.Ross Butler