Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ryan Gosling. Check it out!
Canadian actor Ryan Gosling is the first person born in the 1980s to have been nominated for the Best Actor Oscar (for Half Nelson (2006)).
Interesting Facts about Ryan Gosling
- Lives in the popular Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake. Other Silver Lake locals include Beck, Bo Barrett, Christina Ricci, Rachel McAdams, and Jason Lee.
- By fans in public, he often gets confused for fellow Canadian actor named Ryan, Ryan Reynolds.
- Favorite movie is East of Eden (1955)
- Gained 60 lbs to play Jack Salmon in The Lovely Bones (2009) by eating melted ice cream. Ultimately he was fired due to creative differences which left him, in his words, “fat and unemployed”.
- With two of his friends, he has opened a Moroccan restaurant called Tagine in Beverly Hills, California.
- Member of the same Los Angeles gym as Jason Sarayba, Bradley Cooper, Jodie Foster, Michelle Monaghan, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Ashley Tisdale.
- His characters often suffer a broken nose, as seen in Blue Valentine (2010), Only God Forgives (2013), and Blade Runner 2049 (2017).
- Appeared in two films with Michelle Williams: The United States of Leland (2003) and Blue Valentine (2010). They lived together for four weeks, while filming “Blue Valentine”, in a house in Carbondale, Pennsylvania.
- Is an accomplished jazz guitarist and a fan of Chet Baker; started a band with his friend Zach Shields called Dead Man’s Bones.
- He is of roughly half French-Canadian ancestry (from both of his parents combined), along with English, Scottish, Irish, and about 1/32 German. The “Gosling” surname originates in England, where Ryan’s great-great-grandfather, George Edward Gosling, was born (in Paddington).
- Built the kitchen table featured in The Notebook (2004) in preparation for his role as Noah.
- Unlike many successful actors near his age, he has no entourage and few close friends. He admits to often preferring solitude while not working, attributing it to his autonomous latter childhood.
Personal Quotes by Ryan Gosling
I’ve learned it’s important not to limit yourself. You can do whatever you really love to do, no matter what it is.- Ryan Gosling
I’m attracted to films that have strong female characters because there are strong female characters in my life. That’s my own reality, so it’s a doorway into a world for me.- Ryan Gosling
It’s not easy to leave your hometown and your family and your support system and come out to Los Angeles to – to pursue a dream where the odds are not in your favor.- Ryan Gosling
Show me a man who wouldn’t give it all up for Emma Stone, and I’ll show you a liar.- Ryan Gosling
Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy whenever and wherever I want.- Ryan Gosling