Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ryan Hurst. Check it out!
Ryan Douglas Hurst (born June 19, 1976) is an American actor, best known for his roles as Gerry Bertier in Disney’s Remember the Titans, Tom Clark in Taken, Opie Winston in the FX network drama series Sons of Anarchy, as Sergeant Ernie Savage in We Were Soldiers, and as Chick in Bates Motel.
Interesting Facts about Ryan Hurst
- Son of Rick Hurst (of “Dukes of Hazzard” fame).
- In Bethesda’s Fallout 4, location BADTFL Regional Office, there is a record for a criminal named Opie Hurst. Description: 6′ 4″, brown hair, brown eyes, beard, arm tattoos and back tattoo. Charged with possession of an unlicensed laser. Personal effects: 1 leather vest, 1 wool knit cap and motorcycle keys. Ryan’s character in SONS of Anarchy was named Opie.
- Started his own film production company called Fast Shoes.
- In Sons Of Anarchy was originally planned to have a recurring part in Season 1, but he was immediately promoted to a main cast member in Season 2, when he became a fan favorite.
- He is of English and Scottish (father) and Polish (mother) descent.
- Originally his character on Sons Of Anarchy, Harold “Opie” Winston and William Lucking’s character, Piermont “Piney” Winston, weren’t related. However, when filming the pilot episode of the show, seeing the two of them in their biker outfits and their towering heights of 6’4″ and 6’5″ respectively, they looked so much like father and son that creator Kurt Sutter re-wrote their characters to be father and son on the show.
Personal Quotes by Ryan Hurst
A motorcycle is an independent thing.- Ryan Hurst
I think it’s particularly a distinctively American concept that resonates with American culture through biker culture. A motorcycle is an independent thing. You’re like, ‘I don’t want to ride in a car with this person. I want to be independent and ride by myself. But, let’s ride in a group. Let’s be independent, together.’- Ryan Hurst
One of the important things is that a lot of people forget that a biker club is a secret society.- Ryan Hurst
Bikers, in general, have just been so attractive to people. Photographers would follow them because there’s this weird warrior gravitas that comes with it. The bikes are loud, they have tattoos, they have artwork that they all wear on their jackets.- Ryan Hurst
I am real, real picky with what I decided to do. I want to make sure it’s new and at the same time that it’s in the same color of what I have played before. Not to pigeon hole myself but I don’t like to do fluff.- Ryan Hurst