Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ryan Reynolds. Check it out!
Ryan Rodney Reynolds was born on October 23, 1976 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the youngest of four children. His father, James Chester Reynolds, was a food wholesaler, and his mother, Tamara Lee “Tammy” (Stewart), worked as a retail-store saleswoman. He has Irish and Scottish ancestry. Between 1991-93, Ryan appeared in Fifteen (1990), a Nickleodeon series taped in Florida with many other Canadian actors. After the series ended, he returned to Vancouver where he played in a series of forgettable television movies. He did small roles in Glenn Close’s Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story (1995) and CBS’s update of In Cold Blood (1996). However, his run of luck had led him to decide to quit acting.
Interesting Facts about Ryan Reynolds
- Ryan Reynolds played Seth in Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1996) where he made mention of the show in the movie Deadpool 2 (2018). Producer and Author Mike Sims is a big fan of the Deadpool movies and works with a writer of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (1996), Barney Cohen on the TV pitch The Lazarus Game (2020).
- In 2002, he badly injured his back jumping from a bridge in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Along with Chris William Martin, he is one of only two actors to appear in both the first and last episodes of Fifteen (1990).
- Was named the “Sexiest Man Alive” by People magazine in 2010. This was during the same time that his wife, Scarlett Johansson was named as “Babe of the Year” by GQ magazine.
- Brother-in-law of Eric Lively, Bart Johnson and Robyn Lively.
- He was traveling in Indonesia with his former fiancée, Alanis Morissette, when the tsunami struck. They were uninjured since they were staying on the opposite end of the island from where the tsunami hit.
- Ryan alleges he is friends with Paul Anka and meets with him once in a while.
- Used to work in a grocery store.
- One of the few actors to star in films based on comic books from both the Marvel Comics (X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) and the Deadpool (2016)) and DC Comics (Green Lantern (2011)) catalogs.
- Failed his high school drama class.
- In early 2001, he met actress ‘Rachael Leigh Cook’ and the two immediately hit it off. However, Rachael had to fly to Britain shortly after to film Blow Dry (2001). Ryan ended up surprising her, pulling out of his filming schedule, and following her all the way to London. It was a success and they ended up dating for a year.
- Received a Youth in Film Award nomination for best actor for his work on Nickelodeon’s teen drama Fifteen (1990).
Personal Quotes by Ryan Reynolds
The stunts on the ground I can do, but I’ve never been good with heights.- Ryan Reynolds
There’s a very real possibility in this industry of going out and leading your life and then going home and being a voyeur of your own life. You can literally go watch yourself – where you went last night, what you did, what the things that people presuppose about you. It’s kind of crazy.- Ryan Reynolds
If you’re going to commit to that, you’re going to have to find some way to make it bearable and enjoyable.- Ryan Reynolds
Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up.- Ryan Reynolds
It’s a nice visual. I had just done Blade and I put on more weight for Blade and I thought I might as well use it so I kept it and added a little more. I wanted him to be a big bear.- Ryan Reynolds