Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Salman Khan. Check it out!
Born on December 27, 1965 Salman Khan is the son of the legendary writer Salim Khan, who penned many super-hits in the yesteryear’s like Sholay (1975), Deewaar (1975), and Don (1978). Salman started his acting carrier in 1988 by doing a supporting role in the movie How a Wife Should Be (1988). The following year he had the leading role in the box office romantic hit When Love Calls (1989). From there he became a heart throb of Indian cinema.
Interesting Facts about Salman Khan
- Hindi megastar
- Starred in Jackie Shroff Entertainment’s shelved film,”Raju Raja Ram”. Starring Jackie Shroff, Govinda, Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala, Rakesh Bedi. Produced by Jackie Shroff, Avinash Adik, Prakash Jaju. Music by Anu Malik. Directed by David Dhawan. This was in 1997. The film was finally made as Tom Dick and Harry in 2006.
- The performance of Bajrangi Bhaijaan at the Box Office has apparently surpassed that of all his previous successes. According to trade experts, the film has broken all the records held by his movies so far, with a box-office collection of INR 250.02 crore in just 11 days.
- Has his own charitable organization known as Being Human Foundations.
- Highest paid Bollywood Star.
- With its roaring box office success, BB was estimated to collect a sum of Rs $ 700k on Friday in USA as well as Canada. The venture earned the 10th position on this week’s box office chart in USA, beating Ian McKellen’s Mr Holmes (2015).
- Was working as a model before he became a successful actor and television host.
- Always believes in giving newcomers a chance. So he spares time in between shots to listen to their script ideas and credits this to his memory of when he was a newcomer.
- Went for a world tour concert with Bobby Deol, Saif Ali Khan, Raveena Tandon, Sonali Bendre and Mallika Arora in April 2000. They visited cities in Canada, America and England.
- Was to leave for a world tour concert with Rekha, Bhagyashree,Bappi Lahiri in September 1990. They were to travel to USA, Canada and UK. The tour got canceled when Rekha’s husband passed away suddenly.
- Arrested by police under the charge of having connection with underworld mafia. He was also questioned about Bharat S. Shah, a producer of Secretly and Stealthily (2001) since Shah has also been linked with underworld mafia. 
- Has a mannequin of himself in Madame Tussaud’s Museum in England. Along with Kareena Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit, Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Anil Kapoor.
Personal Quotes by Salman Khan
If it is something that I want to do, then I don’t think the audience will hate it. Unless I turn into a megalomaniac and start thinking that Salman Khan can do anything.- Salman Khan
People in the film industry always want to save for a rainy day. Many early actors died in small houses with no money, and so they are insecure. My advantage is I don’t value money that much. It’s an easy thing for me to let go.- Salman Khan
I don’t have to show that I am working very hard.- Salman Khan
I no longer do a film for the wrong reasons. I have to be convinced ethically and morally. Both the director and I have to be on the same page. There are just five songs in most films these days, and they have to be amazing. There has to be a twist in the screenplay. The editing has to be crisp. Your hard work should show, but effortlessly.- Salman Khan
For me, acting comes straight from the heart. In that sense I don’t act at all. I think that to feel the character’s pain I have to be myself. Somewhere audiences see that.- Salman Khan