Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sam Raimi. Check it out!
Highly inventive U.S. film director/producer/writer/actor Sam Raimi first came to the attention of film fans with the savage, yet darkly humorous, low-budget horror film, The Evil Dead (1981). From his childhood, Raimi was a fan of the cinema and, before he was ten-years-old, he was out making movies with an 8mm camera. He was a devoted fan of The Three Stooges, so much of Raimi’s film work in his teens, with good friends Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert, was slapstick comedy based around what they had observed from “Stooges” movies.
Interesting Facts about Sam Raimi
- Is an avid fan of “Spider-Man” comic books.
- His wife, Gillian Greene, is the daughter of Lorne Greene and Nancy Deale.
- He attempted to buy the rights to batman and the shadow before making darkman(1994).
- His breakthrough project, the low-budget horror cult film The Evil Dead (1981), had an estimated budget of $350,000. Twenty-five years later he helmed a production with an estimated budget at 1,000 times the cost of that film, Spider-Man 3 (2007), with an estimated production cost of $350,000,000, making it the most expensive motion picture produced up to that time.
- His favorite movie is the treasure of sierra madre(1946).
- Over his years as a director, Raimi’s 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (originally bought by Raimi’s father for the family when Sam was 14) has “played” Ash’s car in the Evil Dead movies, Uncle Ben and Aunt May’s car in the Spider-Man movies, Annie’s car in The Gift (2000), and Mrs. Ganoush’s car in Drag Me to Hell (2009), and has made cameos in nearly all of his other movies.
- The first director ever to do three live-action adaptations of a comic book character.
- His family name was changed from the German name Reingewertz.
- Had expressed interest in and was actually set to direct Warcraft: The Beginning (2016) but dropped out.
- Was considered to direct Batman Forever (1995).
- Was considered to direct Planet of the Apes (2001).
- He is good friends with Joel and Ethan coen.
Personal Quotes by Sam Raimi
I’ve always made sequels, even when I was making Super 8 movies if the audience liked it.- Sam Raimi
I realized what interested me as a student of film was one thing and the movies that I liked were another.- Sam Raimi
I don’t like shows, I don’t like to put on a show, I just really want to work intimately with my actors.- Sam Raimi
That’s what heroic stories do for us. They show us the way. They remind us of the good we are capable of.- Sam Raimi