Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sandra Bullock. Check it out!
Sandra Annette Bullock was born in Arlington, a Virginia suburb of Washington, D.C. Her mother, Helga Bullock (née Helga Mathilde Meyer), was a German opera singer. Her father, John W. Bullock, was an American voice teacher, who was born in Alabama, of German descent. Sandra grew up on the road with her parents and younger sister, chef Gesine Bullock-Prado, and spent much of her childhood in Nuremberg, Germany. She often performed in the children’s chorus of whatever production her mother was in. That singing talent later came in handy for her role as an aspiring country singer in The Thing Called Love (1993). Her family moved back to the Washington area when she was adolescent. She later enrolled in East Carolina University in North Carolina, where she studied acting. Shortly afterward she moved to New York to pursue a career on the stage. This led to acting in television programs and then feature films. She gave memorable performances in Demolition Man (1993) and Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (1993), but did not achieve the stardom that seemed inevitable for her until her work in the smash hit Speed (1994). She now ranks as one of the most popular actresses in Hollywood. For her role in The Blind Side (2009) she won the Oscar, and her blockbusters The Proposal (2009), The Heat (2013) and Gravity (2013) made her a bankable star. With $56,000,000, she was listed in the Guinness Book Of World Records as the highest-paid actress in the world.
Interesting Facts about Sandra Bullock
- She was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on March 24, 2005.
- Was jokingly thrown in a pool by George Clooney and Tom Cruise at Joel Schumacher’s birthday party in 2000. She talked to InStyle magazine about this story in 2005 and also mentioned it in her Oscar acceptance speech in 2010.
- (December 2, 2015) Had adopted her 2nd child, a daughter named Laila Bullock (b.2012).
- (April 8, 2009) Has designed special seat-belts so her pet dogs, Ruby and Poppy, can ride safely in her car.
- Would not do the Speed (1994) sequel, Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997), after knowing that Keanu Reeves had passed on it, but accepted it in a deal with 20th Century Fox in which they would endorse her upcoming movie, Hope Floats (1998).
- Voted the “most wanted to see star” by US Military Personnel serving in the Balkans. [May 2001]
- Her younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, broke Sandy’s nose with her elbow while opening a garage door when they were kids.
- Ex-stepmother of Jesse James’ children Chandler, Jesse Jr. and Sunny.
- Loves horses but is extremely allergic to them.
- Universal Pictures wanted to cast Sandra Bullock in the role of Karen Sisco in Out of Sight (1998). However, director Steven Soderbergh decided to cast Jennifer Lopez in the role because he thought that Jennifer and co-star, George Clooney, had the intense chemistry together needed for the film.
- Filed for divorce from Jesse James in April 2010.
- (April 3, 1999) Her sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, was married, at Sandra’s Texas ranch, to storyboard artist Raymond Prado.
Personal Quotes by Sandra Bullock
Poop humor is fun. If you do the toilet scenes well and commit to them, they can be really, really powerful.- Sandra Bullock
I gave up coffee. It’s almost worse than giving up a lover.- Sandra Bullock
I think most of us are raised with preconceived notions of the choices we’re supposed to make. We waste so much time making decisions based on someone else’s idea of our happiness – what will make you a good citizen or a good wife or daughter or actress. Nobody says, ‘Just be happy – go be a cobbler or go live with goats.’- Sandra Bullock
Why is it that when we get older, we get more fearful?- Sandra Bullock
Nobody can make me cry in public. I’ll punch them first before they make my mascara smear.- Sandra Bullock