Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Saoirse Ronan. Check it out!
Saoirse Una Ronan was born in The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States, to Irish parents, Monica Ronan (née Brennan) and Paul Ronan, an actor. When Saoirse was three, the family moved back to Dublin, Ireland. Saoirse grew up in Dublin and briefly in Co. Carlow before moving back to Dublin with her parents.
Interesting Facts about Saoirse Ronan
- Her father is actor Paul Ronan, known for films like The Devil’s Own (1997) and Veronica Guerin (2003).
- Fan of the following movies: Taxi Driver (1976), Eraserhead (1977) and Bridesmaids (2011).
- Sang ”Tell Me” for the Lost River (2014) soundtrack which was scored by Johnny Jewel. Jewel said Ronan had never sang publicly before so ”To melt the ice, I set up an 8 track on the floor of the kitchen next door. I unplugged all the phones from the wall, & put them inside the refrigerator. She came into the room, & the three of us piled up all of the furniture & suitcases in the corner to block the door. I wanted to make her feel as safe as possible, & I wanted her to sing as intimately as she could. Like she was the only person in the world. I promised her there was no way anyone was getting into that room until we were done. Ryan turned off the all lights, & all three of us sat on the floor in a circle in the dark. We recorded it in two takes with a single microphone and no headphones. There are no words to describe that moment.”.
- One of the youngest actresses to win two Best Actress awards at the New York Film Critics Circle.
- Was in a relationship with her How I Live Now (2013) co-star George MacKay.
- Is the face of Raf Simons first fragrance for Calvin Klein called ‘Women’ with Lupita Nyong’o.
- Sported a green Alberta Ferretti dress on the occasion of the Academy Awards for her first Oscar nomination (at age 13) for Atonement (2007) (Kodak Theatre / 24 February 2008).
- Yongest actress to win best actress at the NYFCC in 2015 for Brooklyn (2015).
- Ronan was in New Zealand when it was announced that she was nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Atonement (2007).
- Appeared on the August (2018) cover of Vogue US.
- Appeared on the 25th edition cover of Vanity Fair’s ‘Hollywood Issue 2019’ with Chadwick Boseman and Timothée Chalamet, shot by three-time Academy Award winning cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki.
- In a 2015 interview with Guillermo del Toro for Lost River (2014), Ryan Gosling said that he wrote the character Rat for Ronan because of the lengths he would go to to protect her ”She’s the best, she’s so special.” ”You wanna look out for her, she’s so special, she’s such a little gem, she’s precious.” ”Your instinct is to protect her or to look out for her.” ”So I knew if it was Saoirse, you could understand the lengths he (Bones) goes to to look out for her.”.
Personal Quotes by Saoirse Ronan
Learning is the most important thing, no mater how you do it, or where you do it, or who you do it with.– Saoirse Ronan
I don’t feel isolated on a film set. In a way you do because you don’t really mix with the outside world; you’re just sort of working non-stop for a few months, but you’ve got so many people around you.– Saoirse Ronan
My whole life I try to make into a comedy, so it would be nice to see that onscreen.– Saoirse Ronan
It’s too distracting to read about yourself. You want to be perfect and you want everyone to love you, and that’s never going to happen.– Saoirse Ronan
I like my characters to be ones I think about long after I’ve finished reading the script.– Saoirse Ronan