Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sarah Bolger. Check it out!
Sarah Lee Bolger (born 28 February 1991) is an Irish actress. She is best known for her roles in the films In America (2002), Stormbreaker, and The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008), as well as her award winning role as Lady Mary Tudor in the TV series The Tudors (2007), and for guest starring as Princess Aurora in Once Upon a Time (2011).
Interesting Facts about Sarah Bolger
- She starred in The Spiderwick Chronicles with Mary-Louise Parker.
- She attended The Young People’s Theare School in her home city of Dublin, Ireland.
- When her birthday fell on the same day as the Independent Spirit Awards, director Jim Sheridan got the entire room to sing “Happy Birthday” to her. She was so embarrassed, she hid her face behind a program. All of this was captured on camera during the award telecast.
- Her favorite movie is The Fugitive (1993).
- Although she had more acting experience, her sister, Emma Bolger, got the part in In America (2002) first by impressing director Jim Sheridan at an audition. Emma then demanded that Jim take a look at her sister (who was waiting in the car), which he did, and realised they were perfect together.
- Has been shortlisted along with nine other European actors for the European Film Promotion (EFP) Shooting Stars of 2009, the annual new talent forum at the forthcoming Berlin International Film Festival.
- Is best friends with Ana Mulvoy Ten.
- She was nominated for a Critics Choice Award for 2002’s In America.
- Good friends with former The Tudors (2007) co-star Torrance Coombs and Annabelle Wallis.
- Her parents are Monica and Derek Bolger.
- She has one younger sister, Emma, who is also an actress. She has two dogs.
- Her father is a butcher.
Personal Quotes by Sarah Bolger
I started acting when I was really young. I came to the States and didn’t know anyone, and I spoke with a weird Irish accent.- Sarah Bolger
You have to give every portion of yourself to it. As an artist, that is just what you do – because we love it – we were born to do it.- Sarah Bolger
What’s wonderful about acting is that you get to play different roles. For instance, in ‘Amelie,’ I played a young mother. Some of the photoshoots, you’re playing a role. I like to be able to look at a photo and say, ‘Wow – that isn’t even me.’ I enjoy being able to project.- Sarah Bolger
You know what it is, when I’m playing a role sometimes, I just tend to stay in that role. It’s easier to maintain. We just shot a pilot in a very thick American accent. I feel like the character lives in me. Of course, my family tease me about it.- Sarah Bolger
My grandmother was a huge influence on me. She allowed me to be my flamboyant self as a kid. She babysat me; auditions came later – by later, I mean six years old. She sang and played piano, and I’d sit beside her. I don’t know how confident I am, but I think you need it to survive in this industry.- Sarah Bolger