Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Scarlett Johansson. Check it out!
Scarlett Johansson was born in New York City. Her mother, Melanie Sloan, is from a Jewish family from the Bronx, and her father, Karsten Johansson, is a Danish-born architect, from Copenhagen. She has a sister, Vanessa Johansson, who is also an actress, a brother, Adrian, a twin brother, Hunter Johansson, born three minutes after her, and a paternal half-brother, Christian. Her grandfather was writer Ejner Johansson.
Interesting Facts about Scarlett Johansson
- Is three minutes older than her twin brother Hunter Johansson. She says these three minutes are the most important in her life.
- Has appeared in advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein, L’Oreal and Louise Vuitton. In 2009, she was also the face of Dolce & Gabbana make-up.
- Auditioned for the role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011). However, she did not get the role because she was considered too attractive for this. Rooney Mara was cast instead.
- In 2008, a UK-based bidder paid £20,000 British pounds on an eBay auction to benefit Oxfam, winning a pair of tickets to accompany Johansson on a 20-minute date to the world premiere of the film He’s Just Not That Into You (2009).
- In 2007, Forbes magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $5 million.
- Ranked #12 in Men’s Health 100 Hottest Women of All Time (2011).
- The Looney Tunes Show (2011) created a character called Starlet Johansson in The Looney Tunes Show: Casa de Calma (2011) who resembles her.
- She was offered the role of Lois Lane in Superman Returns (2006), which went to Kate Bosworth.
- An avid fan of Tom Waits, she recorded an album comprised entirely of Tom Waits covers, titled “Anywhere I Lay My Head”. The album was released on May 16, 2008, but was not widely recognized.
- Along with her siblings, attended the Junior School at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre as a young actor taking classes in acting, singing and dancing.
- Confirmed in December 2017 that she had begun a relationship with Saturday Night Live (1975) co-head writer and “Weekend Update” co-host Colin Jost.
- Her ex-husband, Ryan Reynolds was named as the “Sexiest Man Alive” by People magazine (2010) during the same time that Johansson was named as “Babe of the Year” by GQ magazine.
Personal Quotes by Scarlett Johansson
I value my privacy and my personal life – and I certainly don’t exploit my personal life.- Scarlett Johansson
I’ve always been very competitive, and a part of that is pushing your boundaries – taking a risk and being able to live with the loss that comes with taking a risk.- Scarlett Johansson
I never struggled with trying to figure out what it was I wanted to do or what made the sparks go for me.- Scarlett Johansson
I don’t go to McDonald’s anymore. After I saw Super Size Me… no way!- Scarlett Johansson
I don’t do damsel in distress very well. It’s hard for me to play a victim.- Scarlett Johansson