Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Scott Caan. Check it out!
Scott Caan is the son of tough guy actor James Caan. While it is obvious that he admires tough method actors like Marlon Brando and Sean Penn, Scott also has a strong egalitarian streak, evidenced by his reasoning for baring his body in films. He is quoted as saying that originally only the women in the scene were to be nude, but that he felt it really sexist, so he stripped too.
Interesting Facts about Scott Caan
- Has 3 younger half-brothers named Alexander James Caan (b. 1991), Jacob Nicholas Caan (b. 1995) and James Arthur Caan (b. 1998).
- Is an avid photographer, ever since cinematographer Phil Parmet (with whom Caan worked on his directing debut Dallas 362 (2003)) introduced him to the techniques of the profession. Subsequently, Scott’s father, James Caan, gave him a Nikon FE, which was given to James by Francis Ford Coppola, as a birthday gift. Scott has been taking pictures ever since.
- First child, daughter Josie James Caan born on July 9, 2014. Scott’s girlfriend Kacy Byxbee is the baby’s mother.
- His paternal grandparents, Arthur Caan and Sophie (Falkenstein), were German Jewish immigrants.
- Has an older half-sister named Tara Caan.
- Studied acting in Playhouse West in Los Angeles.
- Formed a rap duo called “The Whooliganz” as a teenager. They had one single in 1993 called “Put Your Handz Up”. His rap alias was “Mad Skillz”. His rapping partner was The Alchemist, who is now a top hip-hop producer.
- Scott is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Him and The Alchemist, when performing as the rap duo “The Whooliganz” in the early ’90s, actually landed a record deal with Tommy Boy records. They recorded the album “Make Way for the W.”, but after their first single “Put Your Handz Up” turned out to be a failure, the album was shelved and the duo was dropped by Tommy Boy. In 1995, “The Whooliganz”‘s song “Whooliganz” was released as a single in the UK, but Caan and The Alchemist had already parted ways.
- Nephew of producer Ronnie Caan.
- Is one day older than his Hawaii Five-0 co-star Alex O’Laughlin, who was born on August 24th 1976.
- Interviewed with his father, James Caan, on Playboy T.V. back in 1988.
Personal Quotes by Scott Caan
The left side of my brain is telling me I want to sleep with every woman in the world and the other side of my brain is telling me I met this great girl and if I let that go I’m going to regret it.– Scott Caan
I just love women.– Scott Caan
My whole body is a wreck. I’ve injured myself so many times with jujitsu, skateboarding, football. I guess I like to live hard.– Scott Caan
Now my drug is writing or acting, being creative.– Scott Caan
I’m never going to get in a fight in public again.– Scott Caan