Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Seann William Scott. Check it out!
Seann William Scott was born in Cottage Grove, Minnesota, to Patricia Anne (Simons) and William Frank Scott, a factory worker. He was discovered at a talent competition in Los Angeles, and almost immediately was flown to New York by ABC to test for All My Children (1970). His face has also been seen from his basketball-playing appearance on a national Sunny Delight commercial and the recent American Express campaign with Magic Johnson.
Interesting Facts about Seann William Scott
- Auditioned for a role in director Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown (2005) but lost out to Orlando Bloom.
- Won the role of Kar in Bulletproof Monk (2003) after Heath Ledger dropped out.
- Filming The Dukes of Hazzard (2005). [February 2005]
- Attended the premiere of Role Models (2008) at the “Pathe De Munt Cinema” in Amsterdam, Netherlands on January 16th. [January 2009]
- He didn’t have his first girlfriend until he was thirty years old, due to being so shy around women. He has often stated that he is the polar opposite of the loudmouth and free-spirited characters he usually plays, which he has based on several of his classmates.
- Always signs autographs, “God Bless, Sean William Scott”.
- His trademark “kaw-kaw, kaw-kaw” taunt is heard in Welcome to the Jungle (2003) and Evolution (2001).
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2003 along with Justin Timberlake
- He was working at a Home Depot and struggling for small TV roles when he was cast in American Pie (1999).
- Currently filming Southland Tales (2006) in Los Angeles, California, USA. [August 2005]
- He was once robbed by street gang members in South Central L.A. They took his shirt, his shoes, and a one-dollar bill while he was trying to get to a Baywatch (1989) audition.
- Lives in New York City (Manhattan) as he mentioned in an interview.
Personal Quotes by Seann William Scott
Ever since the first ‘American Pie,’ I’ve always been happy to just have an opportunity, I just didn’t think it was going to be with comedies. Now I really like it.- Seann William Scott
If I wasn’t an actor and I watched my films, I could easily be like ‘This guy’s a clown,’ you know?- Seann William Scott
Working on the ‘Ice Age’ movies, I’m really proud to be in them.- Seann William Scott
The longest road trip I’ve ever been on is from Minnesota to Los Angeles.- Seann William Scott
I’m never afraid to try something if I think it’s funny. And I know I’ll regret it if I don’t.- Seann William Scott