Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sebastian Stan. Check it out!
Sebastian Stan was born on August 13, 1982, in Constanta, Romania. He moved with his mother to Vienna, Austria, when he was eight, and then to New York when he was twelve. Stan studied at Rutgers Mason Gross School of the Arts and spent a year at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London.
Interesting Facts about Sebastian Stan
- Did all his own stunts in the movie The Covenant (2006).
- Sebastian had a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it scene as Bucky Barnes at the very end credits of Black Panther. When his mom saw the film she didn’t stay for the end credits, thus missing her son’s scene.
- His character Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier’s trademark long hair has always been a wig except for in Captain America: Civil War (2016) because he had enough time to actually grow his hair out. In every other film portraying the same character, he didn’t have enough time for it to grow to the proper long length because of other projects he was filming.
- He has worked twice with Academy Award winning director Jonathan Demme, in Rachel Getting Married (2008) and Ricki and the Flash (2015).
- He was in a relationship with Leighton Meester from 2008 to 2010, with Dianna Agron from 2011 to 2012, with Jennifer Morrison from 2012 to 2013, and with Russian actress Margarita Levieva from 2014 to 2016.
- He is best friends with his Marvel co-star and on-screen frenemy Anthony Mackie.
- Attended the famous performing arts summer camp Stagedoor Manor.
- Is friends with his co-stars Toby Hemingway and Chace Crawford from The Covenant (2006).
- He had to have a new metal arm molded and made for his character of Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier in Captain America: Civil War (2016) because he had gained over twenty pounds of muscle for the role and became too big to fit in his old one.
- Starring in Eric Bogosian’s play “Talk Radio”. [April 2007]
- He portrayed the brother of Hayden Panettiere’s character in The Architect (2006), and her boyfriend in Hayden Panettiere: Wake Up Call (2008).
- He speaks English and Romanian fluently. In Captain America: Civil War (2016) he actually speaks Romanian in the first scene set in Bucharest, Romania.
Personal Quotes by Sebastian Stan
If you’re getting abandonment, if you’re getting abuse as a child, if you’re getting uncertainty when you’re a child, unfortunately you tend to look for that in your life later on, and you think that’s love.- Sebastian Stan
I’ve gotten really good at not judging characters.- Sebastian Stan
Sometimes it’s okay to give yourself a pat on the back and say, ‘That was cool. That made me feel good.’- Sebastian Stan
When I was younger, it was so much easier. All I needed to do was just get a job. It was like, ‘Oh, my God, I have a job! I can call myself a working actor.’ But then, the older you get, you have to be more selective, and that’s tough.- Sebastian Stan
I can’t take one day for granted. That’s usually how I think.- Sebastian Stan