Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Selena Gomez. Check it out!
Actress and singer Selena Gomez was born on July 22, 1992 in Grand Prairie, Texas. She is the daughter of Mandy Teefey and Ricardo Gomez. Her mother is of part Italian ancestry, and her father is of Mexican descent. She was named after Tejano singer Selena, who died in 1995.
Interesting Facts about Selena Gomez
- She was in on-off relationship with Justin Bieber from December 2010 to January 2013.
- Is good friends with Taylor Swift.
- Her favorite Disney movie is Alice in Wonderland (1951).
- The first to reach 100 Million Instagram Followers.
- (October 9, 2015) She confirmed that she was battling lupus for several years and underwent course of chemotherapy.
- Took a career break after suffering from “anxiety, panic attacks, and depression” and spent 90 days in rehab. [August 2016]
- For her 2011 music video “Love You Like A Love Song”, Gomez had horses spray-painted pink. This led to accusations from PETA and singer Pink about the treatment of the animals.
- Has six dogs: Chip, Willy, Fina, Wallace, Chaz and Baylor.
- Her father is of Mexican descent. Her mother, who was adopted, is of part Italian ancestry.
- In 2013, she launched her second perfume “Vivamore by Selena Gomez”.
- In May 2012, she launched her self-titled fragrance “Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez”.
- Was in a relationship with Canadian singer The Weeknd for 10 months.
Personal Quotes by Selena Gomez
Everywhere you go you hear things that are untrue. You’ve just got to learn that if I don’t say it, physically out of my mouth, on camera, it’s not true.– Selena Gomez
You reflect on the people who used to be in your life, and it’s like, ‘Wow, I can’t believe that person was ever really in my life.’ But people are put into your life for seasons, for different reasons, and to teach you lessons.– Selena Gomez
If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.– Selena Gomez
I’m going to try to pull a Natalie Portman. Natalie went to Harvard while shooting ‘Star Wars’. I don’t know how she did it. I want to have lunch with her and ask her – that seems like a bunch of stress right there.– Selena Gomez
The day I got my first letter from a fan, I felt like I’d been touched by an angel.– Selena Gomez