Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shailene Woodley. Check it out!
Actress Shailene Woodley was born in Simi Valley, California, to Lori (Victor), a middle school counselor, and Lonnie Woodley, a school principal. She has one brother, Tanner. She was educated at Simi Valley High School in California. When Woodley was four years old she began commercial modeling. Acting roles followed, and she made her screen debut in 1999’s Replacing Dad (1999). More parts followed in The District (2000), The O.C. (2003) and Crossing Jordan (2001), amongst others. When Woodley was 15, she was diagnosed with Idiopathic Scoliosis and wore a chest-to-hips plastic brace for two years, which proved a successful treatment.
Interesting Facts about Shailene Woodley
- She is best friends with her The Secret Life of the American Teenager (2008) co-star, Megan Park.
- Paternal granddaughter of Virgil James Woodley (b. Oklahoma) (son of James F. Woodley and wife Velma L. Howard) and wife Dovie Oralee Sims (b. Texas, of English ancestry) (daughter of Omer Epsy Sims and wife Eva Ellen Payne, paternal granddaughter of Denton Otto Sims and wife Clara Florence Allen and maternal granddaughter of Hiram Walker Payne and wife Verdenia Maude Ellis).
- Her breakthrough role was when she starred, alongside George Clooney, as his troubled teenage daughter Alexandra King in the 2011 film adaption of the novel, The Descendants (2011).
- Maternal granddaughter of Stephen David Victor (b. California) (son of Harold J. Victor (b. Louisiana) and wife Bessie M. Harrold (b. California); according to most Censuses, both Harold J. Victor and wife Bessie M. Harrold were black and/or biracial, as Censuses list them as black, and one Census lists them as mulatto; paternal grandson of an unknown father by Leila … and maternal grandson of William John Harrold (b. Texas) and wife Bessie Hutchins (b. Texas)) and wife Diane Lynn Fauria (b. California) (daughter of Vernon Louis Fauria (b. Louisiana, of Creole descent, both his parents of mixed black and white ancestry) and wife Marguerite Lois Davis, of Caucasian descent, paternal granddaughter of Joseph Mathews or Matthews Fauria, of African, Spanish, French and German descent (son of Victor Nicholas Fauria and wife Agnes Cora Zipple), and wife Aline Louise Martinez, of Spanish, African and possibly French descent, and maternal granddaughter of Norman Edward Davis, of British Isles or English ancestry, and wife Evangeline or Evangelia Perrengere or Berengere Perrin or Perrine (b. Switzerland, of Swiss-German descent, daughter of Lewis O. Perrin and wife Berthe C. Hague)).
- Is a Socialist.
- Her parents gave her three rules when she fell into the acting business: she had to stay the person she was, have fun, and do well in school.
- Daughter of Lonnie Woodley, school principal, and wife Lori Victor, school counselor, has a younger brother.
- Auditioned for the role of Cosette in the 2012 film adaption of the musical, Les Misérables (2012), but was beaten out by Amanda Seyfried.
- Participated in the protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline in North Dakota. Pleaded not guilty to criminal trespassing and engaging in a riot. [October10, 2016].
- Was originally cast as Mary Jane Watson in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014), but all her scenes were deleted from the final cut. She worked on the movie set for three days and shot about four short scenes.
- Beauty and the Beast (1991) was the first movie that she saw.
- She was offered the title role in Carrie (2013) but turned it down. The part eventually went to Chloë Grace Moretz.
Personal Quotes by Shailene Woodley
There aren’t a lot of films about adolescents or quote-unquote coming-of-age films that are realistic nowadays.Shailene Woodley
I think there is a point in every teenager’s life where they are forced to come into themselves.Shailene Woodley
When I started acting, my parents gave me three rules: I had to stay good in school, stay the kid they always knew I was, and I had to have fun. If I wasn’t doing those three things, then I couldn’t do acting anymore.Shailene Woodley
To be honest, I never went to school for acting, and I never learned to break down a script. I took acting classes my whole life, but they never taught me anything about acting. They just taught me about myself.Shailene Woodley
I was always the frugal kid growing up because I was saving for college. Or I was always that kid that was like, ‘I’m going to save my babysitting money so I can eat an expensive dinner when I go to Europe.’Shailene Woodley