Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shannon Elizabeth. Check it out!
Shannon Elizabeth was born in Houston, Texas, the daughter of a Syrian/Lebanese father and a mother who is English, Irish and German. When Shannon was in 3rd grade, her family moved to Waco, Texas, where most of her relatives already lived. As a girl, Shannon took dance lessons, including tap, ballet, and jazz. While attending high school, however, she was very interested in tennis. She even considered going pro, and making tennis her life. Also during high school, she was active in cheerleading, dance team, and the student council. As a senior, Shannon was in a music video shot in Waco. The music artists were local ones named “Hi-5”, and the director of that video just happened to be Antoine Fuqua. After graduating, Shannon moved to New York City to model. She then traveled all over the world with her newfound career to places that included Japan, Italy, France, and Australia. After moving to Los Angeles years later, she signed on with Ford Models and, eventually, Elite. Shannon had always wanted to start her acting career and had just modeled in hopes that it could help lead her into the acting. About a year after moving to Los Angeles, she started taking acting classes with several different coaches. She got an agent eventually, and in 1999, she landed the iconic role of “Nadia” in the movie American Pie (1999).
Interesting Facts about Shannon Elizabeth
- In 2001 appeared in two movies that featured the song, “Want You Bad”, by The Offspring: American Pie 2 (2001) and Tomcats (2001).
- Is a dedicated animal lover, starting her own animal rescue organization in 2001 called Animal Avengers. She has recently shut down Animal Avengers to start a new non-profit for animals with a focus on helping in a much bigger, national capacity.
- Ranked #29 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- In September 2002 she was Voted the 8th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine.
- Posed for Playboy magazine in 1997 and 1998 and says it’s one of her “biggest regrets!”.
- Mentioned in Bowling for Soup’s extended version of “Ohio (Come Back To Texas)”.
- Her cousin Tamsen Fadal is a TV news reporter for the CBS station in New York City.
- Her favorite actor is Gary Oldman and her favorite actress is Michelle Pfeiffer.
- She was trained in Krav Maga to help her prepare for her role as a cop in Tomcats (2001). She also did a ride-along with the Beverly Hills Police Department.
- Is part Syrian.
- Finished in third place in NBC’s National Heads-Up Poker Championship (2007) in March 2007. She upset poker pros Jeff Madsen and Barry Greenstein after beating fellow celebrity player René Angélil in the first round. She lost in the semi-finals to eventual winner Paul Wasicka. Her finish earned her $125,000.
- Cousin of Tamsen Fadal. The two own, together, a jewelry line called “Shansen Jewelry”.
Personal Quotes by Shannon Elizabeth
I’m a big country fan.- Shannon Elizabeth
I am very driven. I work really hard, whether it’s acting or my charity or even poker. When I focus on something I give it my all.- Shannon Elizabeth
I got to meet Mark Hamill. He signed some Star Wars posters for us. I saw the fight scenes he had. He was really into making fun of himself and Star Wars.- Shannon Elizabeth
I’m a TV junkie.- Shannon Elizabeth
I’m pretty instinctive. I’m a quick learner.- Shannon Elizabeth