Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shawn Ashmore. Check it out!
Shawn Robert Ashmore was born one minute after his twin brother Aaron Ashmore in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, on October 7, 1979. He is the son of Linda, a homemaker, and Rick Ashmore, a manufacturing engineer. By the age of seven, when their mother became a part of the Multiple Births Association in Alberta, Canada, the Ashmore twins were already in front of cameras impressing their elders. But it was Shawn that at the age of 14, stole the hearts of many with his wonderful performance in Guitarman (1994) in which he played the main character and was nominated for a Gemini Award. Since then, his career has skyrocketed. He has done many made-for-television movies and series, and has guest starred on various television shows, but it was his brief appearance in X-Men (2000) that landed him a role in X-Men 2 (2003) and got him on the road to stardom. As an added bonus, he even got his own personal action figure modeled after him.
Interesting Facts about Shawn Ashmore
- For X-Men 2 (2003), he had to undergo physical training for 6 months with no alcohol consumption and a strict diet.
- Landed a role as his brother’s twin in the movie My Brother’s Keeper (2004) due to come out in Spring 2004.
- Has a son, Oliver Ashmore (b. July 2017), with wife Dana Renne Ashmore.
- Has the letters ‘GMA’ tattooed on his right wrist. The letters stand for ‘Good Man Ashmore’, in dedication for his grandfather. His twin brother also has the same tattoo on his left wrist.
- For the 2005 TV movie Terry (2005), Shawn’s prosthetic leg was digitally added in. However, for long-distance shots, Grant Darby (a leg amputee and a world triathlon champion) was used as a double.
- For his made-for-television movie, Cadet Kelly (2002), he had to attend military school for 3 months, also taking voice lessons to be able to project as a cadet major.
- Reunited with actor Eugene Lipinski (Del McAllister in Guitarman (1994)) after 4 years for the hit television series Animorphs (1998).
- Attended Turner Fenton High School in Brampton, Ontario.
- Attended the 2004 MTV Movie awards with actress Michelle Trachtenberg.
- His X-Men character, Bobby Drake/Iceman, was the first character from the comic series to make an appearance in another medium, as one of the main characters on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. His character, and Ray Park’s character of Toad, have both appeared in animated adaptations of the comics. In both, their characters were voiced by Frank Welker.
- Stayed in contact with co-star Anna Paquin (Rogue) after filming X-Men 2 (2003).
- Shawn is sharing an apartment with his brother Aaron in Los Angeles. [May 2003]
Personal Quotes by Shawn Ashmore
I’m 25, so I’ve already gone through what my character Ged goes through, though it’s on a general scale because I haven’t studied at a wizard’s school.- Shawn Ashmore
Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality.- Shawn Ashmore
I read the comics long before I was ever involved with the films.- Shawn Ashmore
I never could have planned this, and now I’m in my ideal situation career-wise and just sort of where I am in my life, and I’m super happy with how everything’s going.- Shawn Ashmore
As a teenager at high school, I felt like an outsider.- Shawn Ashmore