Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shia LaBeouf. Check it out!
Shia Saide LaBeouf was born in Los Angeles, California, to Shayna (Saide) and Jeffrey Craig LaBeouf, and is an only child. His mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family, while his father has Cajun (French) ancestry. His parents are divorced. He started his career by doing stand-up comedy around places in his neighborhood, such as coffee clubs. One day, he saw a friend of his acting on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993), and wanted to become an actor. Shia and his mother talked it over, and the next day, he started looking for an agent. He searched in the yellow pages, called one up, and did a stand-up routine in front of him. They liked him and signed him, and then he started auditioning. He is well known for playing Louis Stevens on the popular Disney Channel series Even Stevens (2000) and has won a Daytime Emmy Award for his performance. His best known role is as Sam Witwicky, the main protagonist of the first three installments of the Transformers series: Transformers (2007), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) and Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011).
Interesting Facts about Shia LaBeouf
- Performed alongside hip-hop MC G. Money at the Viper Room. [January 2005]
- His father has Cajun (French) ancestry while his mother is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent. Shia’s maternal grandfather, Szaja Yeshayhu “Sam” Saide, was a Polish Jewish emigrant, who was born in Bialystok, and moved to the United States in 1930. Shia’s maternal grandmother, Mary Ann Rosen, was born in New York City, to Russian Jewish parents.
- Had only two days off between finishing the shooting of Disturbia (2007) and beginning that of Transformers (2007).
- Attended the world premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) at Roppongi Hills in Tokyo, Japan on June 9, 2009.
- Attended and graduated from Alexander Hamilton High School (2003).
- Shia’s film TAKEMEANYWHERE was accepted into the 2017 Williamsburg Independent Film Festival.
- Became engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mia Goth. [March 2016]
- His French-Cajun father, Jeffrey LaBeouf, was a clown from San Francisco who spent time in France studying commedia dell’arte.
- Started a hip-hop group/record label (Element) and a film production company (www.grassyslope.com) with fellow actor and best friend Lorenzo Eduardo.
- Ranked #24 on Entertainment Weekly’s “30 Under 30” the actors list (2008).
- Has appeared twice on the cover of GQ magazine: June 2008 and April 2010.
- At age 13, he celebrated his Bar Mitzvah (the traditional coming-of-age ceremony for Jewish boys).
Personal Quotes by Shia LaBeouf
Crime is sexy.- Shia LaBeouf
You never really meet a human being until you live with them or know them for awhile, so this is my clown and they understand that and so these interviews don’t bother them.- Shia LaBeouf
I can’t tell you how many hot dogs I’ve eaten in my life.- Shia LaBeouf
I used to dirt bike a lot. I can’t do that anymore. Can’t eat a whole lot of chocolate anymore, either. I can’t be in ‘Indiana Jones’ and be a fatso!- Shia LaBeouf
I’m not a strikingly handsome guy, but I’m in movies.- Shia LaBeouf