Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sofía Vergara. Check it out!
Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara was born and raised in Barranquilla, Colombia. Her mother, Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara, is a housewife. Her father, Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo, provides cattle to the meat industry. She has five siblings. She was educated at a private bilingual Spanish/English school. She then went on to study pre-dentistry. However, Sofía was discovered by a photographer, whilst at the beach, and this led to various jobs in modeling and television. At age 23, she was a runway model. From 1995 to 1998, she co-hosted a travel show, Fuera de serie (1995), which gave her exposure in the United States. Her first film role was the criminal comedy Big Trouble (2002). Her breakthrough role was as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the American television series Modern Family (2009). In 2010-2013, she received four Emmy nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for this role. Sofía resides in Los Angeles, California with her son, Manolo.
Interesting Facts about Sofía Vergara
- Ranked #1 in Ask men’s top 99 “most desirable” women of 2012.
- Already a prominent celebrity in her native Colombia, in 1994 and 1995, she was a guest host at the Viña del Mar International Song Festival, one of Latin America’s most important music competitions.
- Ranked #54 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.
- Gave birth to her first child at age 20, son Manolo Gonzalez Vergara, on September 16, 1992. Child’s father is her now ex-husband, Joe Gonzalez.
- Ranked #98 in the 2001 FHM-USA list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Attended Marymount School Barranquilla, a private bilingual Spanish/English school.
- As a young girl, Sofía was so self-conscious of her thin frame, she used to wear two pairs of jeans to fill out her figure.
- Ranked #25 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2005 list.
- Currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Ranked #66 in the 2002 FHM-USA list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Ranked #23 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2002 list.
- Her younger sister is actress Sandra Vergara.