Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sophie Turner. Check it out!
Sophie Belinda Jonas (née Turner; born February 21, 1996) is an English actress. Turner made her professional acting debut as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011) (2011-2019), which brought her international recognition and critical praise. For her performance, she has received four nominations for Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, as well as a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series.
Interesting Facts about Sophie Turner
- Besides being an actress, she’s also a model. She modeled for Karen Millen’s Fall 2014 Campaign.
- Sophie Turner has combined type ADHD and has been medicated for it since childhood.
- [February 12, 2020] Sophie announced her first pregnancy. She is due in July.
- Best friends with Game of Thrones (2011) co-stars Jack Gleeson and onscreen siblings Maisie Williams and Isaac Hempstead Wright.
- Best known for her role as Sansa Stark on the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011), which earned her a Young Artist Award nomination as Best Supporting Young Actress in a TV Series. Her drama teacher encouraged her to audition for the part.
- She starred in Bastille’s music video Oblivion.
- (May 1, 2019) Married her boyfriend of nearly 3 years Joe Jonas in surprise wedding ceremony at A Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, just hours after the Billboard Music Awards. According to online records, the couple applied for a marriage license earlier in the day in Clark County, Nevada. A source also confirmed that the wedding was legitimate. The couple first started dating in November 2016 after Joe slid into Turner’s Instagram direct messages following suggestions from mutual friends that they should meet. After nearly a year of dating, he took that next step, proposing to Turner in October 2017.
- Had a twin who died before birth so she is always drawn to stories about twins/ doubles such as The Thirteenth Tale (2013) and Another Me (2013), two films she’s already starred in.
- Sister-in-law of Kevin Jonas and his wife Danielle Jonas, Nick Jonas and his wife Priyanka Chopra, and Frankie Jonas.
- She was a talented ballet dancer as a child, but gave it up in order to concentrate on her acting career.
- Won her role in Game Of Thrones based on social media following. She even said that there was another actress at her audition that was better than she was, but they did not win the part because they did not have as many followers on social media.
- Favourite actors from her generation are Hailee Steinfeld, Saoirse Ronan, Jennifer Lawrence and Miles Teller.
Personal Quotes by Sophie Turner
Stephen Daldry would be a director that I would love to work with as well as Peter Jackson, Tim Burton, and I’m very lucky to have worked with Isabel Coixet, who is also one of my favourite directors.- Sophie Turner
Just before my 16th birthday, Natalie Dormer said to me, ‘As soon as you turn 16, you’re going to work adult hours. People will try take advantage of you, so it’s important not to be a pushover.’- Sophie Turner
I think that you form the way that you act from others around you; it’s a kind of an environmental thing.- Sophie Turner
I really like The Vamps. I’m friends with a couple of the guys from the band, so that’s fun.- Sophie Turner
I learn something new everyday about myself as an actor, my capabilities, how far I can stretch myself, throw out emotions I never knew I had.- Sophie Turner