Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Stanley Tucci. Check it out!
Actor Stanley Tucci was born on November 11, 1960, in Peekskill, New York. He is the son of Joan (Tropiano), a writer, and Stanley Tucci, an art teacher. His family is Italian-American, with origins in Calabria.
Interesting Facts about Stanley Tucci
- First introduced to wife-to-be Felicity Blunt at the wedding of her sister Emily Blunt and John Krasinski which was celebrated at George Clooney’s estate on Lake Como, Italy (July 2010).
- Among the guests to attend his wife Kate’s funeral service were Steve Buscemi, Patricia Clarkson, John Turturro, and Aidan Quinn.
- Was officially in the BAFTA longlist (Equivalently, the semi-finals) for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, for his role in The Devil Wears Prada (2006), which consisted of 15 finalists for each category (except Animated Film). However, he was eliminated in the next round, which the five official nominees were selected. .
- Engaged to Felicity Blunt [November 3, 2011].
- Was nominated for Broadway’s 2003 Tony Award as Best Actor (Play) for a revival of Terence McNally’s “Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune”.
- Directing play “Lend me a Tenor” on Broadway, NYC. [April 2010]
- Was introduced to his fiance Felicity Blunt by Emily Blunt, her sister and his co-star in The Devil Wears Prada (2006).
- Stanley and his wife Kate legally separated in February 2003. In 2005, they reconciled when she discovered she had breast cancer. They stayed married until her death in 2009.
- Former co-owner of Finch Tavern in Croton Falls, New York. It has since been sold and the menu changed to more traditional Italian-American cuisine.
- Graduated from acting program at State University of NY at Purchase, May 1982.
- He is a close friend of actress Meryl Streep.
- Older brother of Christine Tucci.
Personal Quotes by Stanley Tucci
I like to see how I can do it for less money.- Stanley Tucci
I was dissatisfied just being an actor.- Stanley Tucci
Like Joseph Mitchell, I would scour the streets of New York and find little pieces of what other people think of as junk – and collect it.- Stanley Tucci
I mean, Scorsese’s a genius, and that’s one way of shooting.- Stanley Tucci
I wanted to be an actor when I was a kid.- Stanley Tucci