Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Steve Austin. Check it out!
Stone Cold’ Steve Austin was born in Victoria, Texas, as Steven James Anderson, on December 18, 1964, the youngest of five children. His mother, Beverly Jane (Harrison), remarried to Kenneth Williams, and he took his stepfather’s surname. He played football at the North Texas State University. He was worthy of achieving a free education because of his football skills in school. Williams then began training at Chris Adams’s wrestling school as a rookie near the end of 1988, and made his professional wrestling debut at the end of 1989. He then moved over to minor wrestling companies to wrestle for money, and later entered WCW under the name of ‘Stunning Steve Austin’. He didn’t make a large name for himself in the company, as he only held an embarrassing two TV titles. Austin was fired by WCW and joined the WWF (now known as WWE) in December 1995. Austin left after a while to go to ECW but only stayed for a couple of weeks before he came back to the WWF as ‘Stone Cold Steve Austin’. Austin then disposed of his old finishing move the ‘Million Dollar Dream’, which was the trademark of ‘Million Dollar Man’ Ted Dibiase, and began racking up the victories with his Stone Cold Stunner (kick to the gut followed by a jawbreaker).
Interesting Facts about Steve Austin
- Wrestled in a barbwire match while in the ECW.
- Notable Title Wins Include: WCW World Television Title (2); WCW World Tag Team Title w/Brian Pillman; WCW United States Heavyweight Title (2); WWF King of the Ring 1996; WWF Royal Rumble winner 1997, 1998, 2001; WWF Tag Team Title w/Shawn Michaels; WWF Tag Team Title w/Dude Love; WWF Intercontinetial Title (2); WWF Federation Title (6); WWF Tag Team Title w/Undertaker; WWF Tag Team Title w/Triple H
- Has had problems with his right knee since 1995 when he injured it.
- As of April 17, 2004, Steve is considering doing a program (and possibly a match) with Bill Goldberg in Japan.
- Lives in Marina Del Rey, California.
- Was “fired” from his job as co-general manager of RAW, but expected to be back in time for Wrestlemania XX (2004) [November 2003]
- Hosted a Press Conference in LA with Vince McMahon to announce a 3 picture deal with WWE Films, the new movie production branch of the WWE [January 2005]
- Met his former wife Debra when she was serving as the valet for Jeff Jarrett in the WWF.
- Was the first person to enter the WWE arena when WWE Monday Night RAW (1993) debuted on TNN.
- Was the first wrestler to ever kick out of the Rock’s finisher “The Rock Bottom” at Wrestlemania XV.
- Has an estimated new worth of $45 million.
- Another of his hobbies is collecting antiques.
Personal Quotes by Steve Austin
I was a Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes guy. Ric Flair continues to be my favorite wrestler of all time. I loved Harley Race and Nick Bockwinkel and all of those guys, but I’m a big Flair guy.- Steve Austin
When you see me on TV as Stone Cold Steve Austin, that’s definitely a part of my personality.- Steve Austin