Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Steve Harvey. Check it out!
Steve Harvey was born on January 17, 1957 in Welch, West Virginia, USA as Broderick Stephen Harvey. He is a producer and actor, known for The Steve Harvey Show (1996), Family Feud (1999) and You Got Served (2004). He has been married to Marjorie Harvey since June 25, 2007. They have one child. He was previously married to Mary Lee Shackelford and Marcia Whitman.
Interesting Facts about Steve Harvey
- Received the 2,497th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [October 4, 2013].
- Sued by his ex-wife, Mary L. Vaughn for $60 million, claiming that during their marriage, she was allegedly subjected to “prolonged torture with the infliction of severe mental pain and suffering.”[May 2017].
- Diehard Cleveland Browns fan.
- Friends with Bernie Mac, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. Hughley, Guy Torry, George Lopez, Mike Epps, David Alan Grier, Tim Allen, Margaret Cho, Phil McGraw, Brian McKnight, Magic Johnson, Chris Tucker, Sinbad, Anthony Anderson, Kym Whitley, Louie Anderson, Sheryl Underwood, Tyra Banks, Trey Songz, Holly Robinson Peete, Morris Chestnut, Hill Harper, Martin Lawrence, Drew Carey, and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Step-father, with Marjorie Harvey, of Lori Harvey.
- Twin daughters, Brandi Harvey and Karli Harvey (born in 1982), a son, Broderick, Jr. (born in 1991) with his first wife, Marcia Harvey. A son, Wynton Harvey (born on Friday, July 18th, 1997) with his second wife, Mary Lee Shackleford.
- Member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- He and his fellow The Original Kings of Comedy (2000) comic/friend D.L. Hughley share the distinction of having a cast member from The Jeffersons (1975) make guest appearances on their self-titled sitcoms: Isabel Sanford played Steve Harvey’s mother, and Marla Gibbs played D.L. Hughley’s mother.
- Performed his final stand-up act at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.[August 2, 2012].
- Father-in-law of Ben Raymond.
- Attended the University of Virginia.
Personal Quotes by Steve Harvey
The first time I saw my wife, Marjorie, I was doing stand-up in Memphis, and she was sitting in the front row. Afterward, I walked up and said, ‘Ma’am, I’m going to marry you one day.’ And 15 years later, I did.- Steve Harvey
Men don’t come up to you to just talk. We come up to you with a plan. We’re looking across the room at you, and we don’t care about your hopes and dreams. We don’t care about what your future holds. We saw something we wanted.- Steve Harvey
There’s a lot more to me than just funny.- Steve Harvey
A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.- Steve Harvey
Women are the real reason we get up every day. I’m talking about real men. If there were no women, I would not even have to bathe, because why would I care? These are guys I’m hanging with. I wake up for a woman every day of my life to make it happen for her.- Steve Harvey