Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tatum O'Neal. Check it out!
Tatum O’Neal was born on November 5, 1963 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Tatum Beatrice O’Neal. She is an actress and producer, known for Paper Moon (1973), The Runaways (2010) and Little Darlings (1980). She was previously married to John McEnroe.
Interesting Facts about Tatum O'Neal
- Was turned down by James Cameron for the role of Sarah Connor in The Terminator (1984). Linda Hamilton ended up playing the part.
- Youngest person to ever win a competitive Oscar (Best Supporting Actress, Paper Moon (1973))
- Release of her autobiography, “A Paper Life”. 
- As an adult, she studied acting under Sandra Seacat, who also coached Harvey Keitel, Marlo Thomas, Isabella Rossellini, Michelle Pfeiffer, Meg Ryan, and Chris Pine.
- Her memoirs “A Paper Life” debuted at #4 on the New York Times Bestseller List.
- Daughter of actors Ryan O’Neal and Joanna Moore.
- Her mother, Joanna Moore died on November 22, 1997 of lung cancer.
- Was the second choice to play Violet in Pretty Baby (1978), along with Jodie Foster. However, neither Foster nor O’Neal were among the finalists; Brooke Shields won the part.
- Her former friend Michael Jackson and her father’s longtime partner Farrah Fawcett died on the same day, June 25th 2009.
- Was extremely vocal about being voted off of Dancing with the Stars (2005) before the disastrous Master P.
- Has rheumatoid arthritis.
- She was 11 years old, the same age as her character, Amanda Whurlizer, when The Bad News Bears (1976) was filmed.
Personal Quotes by Tatum O'Neal
Griffin, my brother, 11 months younger, was sometimes the victim of my father’s fury – once Ryan famously knocked out his teeth.- Tatum O'Neal
Ryan is my bridge to the past, to memories that lose some of their sting when he recounts them.- Tatum O'Neal
I do take responsibility for it. I admit to having a problem. I have been to numerous treatment centers.- Tatum O'Neal
As Peter Bogdanovich would say of Paper Moon: Ryan’s wonderful in it, and he sat there and watched the kid steal the picture.- Tatum O'Neal
I never dreamed that shooting a film would be so hard. There was less regulation then of child actors’ hours. Even the concept of acting confused me.- Tatum O'Neal