Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Taylor Lautner. Check it out!
Taylor Daniel Lautner was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to Deborah, a software company worker, and Daniel Lautner, a pilot for Midwest Airlines. He, and younger sister Makena, were raised in a well-mannered, Roman Catholic household in Hudsonville, Michigan. He is of English, German, Dutch, and Scottish descent. At the age of six, Taylor began studying martial arts at Fabiano’s Karate School and he, along with his family, quickly noticed his unique and natural talent for the sport. He was soon invited to train with seven-time world karate champion Michael Chaturantabut (aka Mike Chat) and, at the age of eight, he was asked to represent his country in the twelve years and under division in the World Karate Association where he became the Junior World Forms and Weapons champion, winning three gold medals. In 2003, Taylor continued to flourish in the martial arts circuit where he ranked number one in the world for NASKA’s Black Belt Open Forms, Musical Weapons, Traditional Weapons and Traditional Forms and, at the age of twelve, he became the three time Junior World Champion.
Interesting Facts about Taylor Lautner
- Likes the band Kings of Leon.
- Became one of the youngest celebrity hosts in the history of Saturday Night Live (1975) when he hosted the show for the first time on December 12, 2009.
- Is a descendant of William Brewster (c. 1566-1644), a noted Pilgrim, and wife Mary, who came over to Massachusetts, America, as Mayflower passengers.
- Filming Abduction (2011). [June 2010]
- Received his driver’s license in 2008.
- His father, Daniel, is an airline pilot and his mother, Deborah, works for a software development company.
- Participated in the 2010 Celebrity Beach Bowl.
- Was ranked #4 on People Magazine’s 50 Most Amazing Bodies (2010).
- Was ranked #3 on Men’s Health Magazine’s Top 10 Best Summer Bodies (2010).
- Had to go through extensive training for his role in Abduction (2011), including boxing, fighting, swimming, and motorcycle training.
- Created and sponsored a hand made “New Moon Team Jacob” messenger bag for The Children’s Place and Books for Kids Foundation, with all the proceeds going to build libraries, donate books, and partner with literacy programs.
- Has a younger sister named Makena.
Personal Quotes by Taylor Lautner
I hope that I would be considered romantic. I don’t know… one of my favorite movies is ‘The Notebook’ so I guess that would be considered romantic. But I think being romantic is more than the flowers and the gifts. It’s about connecting with the person and being able to talk and share things with her.- Taylor Lautner
Nothing comes without hard work. I’ve been taught that by many people growing up.- Taylor Lautner
I’ve always been really active. I grew up playing sports, so I’m always shooting hoops or throwing the football with my friends. I’m super-active in that sense.- Taylor Lautner
I believe in the saying, ‘If you aim at nothing, you’re going to hit nothing.’ So if you don’t set goals, then you have nowhere to go.- Taylor Lautner
Filming ‘Eclipse’ – Eclipse was my favorite book so I was really excited to start filming the movie. I just love that it’s the height of the love triangle. ‘Twilight’ develops Edward and Bella’s relationship, ‘New Moon’ develops Jacob and Bella’s and in ‘Eclipse,’ the three of them are physically together.- Taylor Lautner