Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tessa Thompson. Check it out!
The actress Tessa Lynn Thompson was born on October 3, 1983 in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of singer-songwriter Marc Anthony Thompson and the granddaughter of actor-musician Bobby Ramos. She was raised in Los Angeles before moving to Brooklyn, New York. Her father is of Afro-Panamanian ancestry and her mother is of Mexican and British Isles ancestry. Thompson attended Santa Monica High School, where she was featured in numerous theatre productions. After graduation, she enrolled at Santa Monica College, where she obtained a degree in cultural anthropology.
Interesting Facts about Tessa Thompson
- Her father is of Panamanian (Afro-Panamanian) ancestry. Tessa’s maternal grandfather is of Mexican descent, and Tessa’s maternal grandmother, whose parents were from Indiana, has English, German, Irish and Scottish ancestry.
- She supported Bernie Sanders in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.
- Daughter of singer-songwriter Marc Anthony Thompson, of the New York-based band “Chocolate Genius”.
- Part of the Los Angeles band Caught A Ghost with Jesse Nolan. The band completed their debut album “Human Nature” (2014).
- Attended and graduated from Santa Monica College with a degree in cultural anthropology.
- Maternal granddaughter of actor and musician Bobby Ramos, one of the first Mexican-Americans to have his own television show (“Latin Cruise” for KTLA).
- Attended and graduated from Santa Monica High School in Santa Monica, California.
- Got “discovered” as a child walking down Hollywood Boulevard with her father.
Personal Quotes by Tessa Thompson
I grew up as a kid looking at artists like David Bowie and Prince; I really admired them.Tessa Thompson
Fashion is a funny thing to talk about. I think what you wear is definitely an extension of you, but I also think it’s totally arbitrary.Tessa Thompson
It’s so rare to have an ensemble cast of women.Tessa Thompson
I think we just need to have a demand for fresh and nuanced movies.Tessa Thompson
I’m someone that likes to not think too binary about human qualities.Tessa Thompson