Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Thomas Brodie-Sangster. Check it out!
Thomas Brodie-Sangster was born on May 16, 1990 in London, England as Thomas Brodie Sangster. He is an actor and producer, known for Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (2015), The Maze Runner (2014) and Love Actually (2003).
Interesting Facts about Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Is a second cousin, once removed, of Hugh Grant. One of Thomas’s maternal great-grandmothers, Barbara May Randolph, was the sister of Hugh’s maternal grandmother, Margaret Isabel Randolph.
- Was in a relationship with Patience Harding from 2008 to 2009.
- Learned to play drums from his father for his role in Love Actually (2003).
- Has starred in three movies with Colin Firth: Love Actually (2003), Nanny McPhee (2005) and The Last Legion (2007).
- Has been in a relationship with former child actress Isabella Melling since December 2012.
- At age 13, while accidentally viewing a sex scene in the film Love Actually (2003), he told director Richard Curtis that it was the first 15-rated film he had ever seen at that age.
- Good friends with The Maze Runner co-stars Dylan O’Brien, Will Poulter and Kaya Scodelario.
- Established Brodie Films in 2006 with his mother, Tasha Bertram. Brodie Films is an independent film company based in London with the objective to create opportunities in the film industry for new British talent; innovative writers, actors and directors.
- His father is Scottish, from Banchory, Scotland. His mother has English, and small amounts (to varying degrees) of Scottish, Channel Islander (Jersey), Welsh, Cornish, French, and Belgian (Walloon), ancestry.
- Played a minor role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens as Petty Officer Thanisson. His character was the First Order Officer who warned another that a TIE Fighter containing Finn and Poe was escaping the Finalizer.
- Plays guitar, but had to learn to play left-handed for Nowhere Boy (2009).
- Is in the band Winnet with his mother, sister and father where he plays the bass.
Personal Quotes by Thomas Brodie-Sangster
When I hit 16, I got a scooter to ride to school. It was bright pink, and I saw on the ownership papers that Jonathan Ross once owned it. My friends slated me for it because of the colour, but it was cool. My father used to ride, and my mother’s boyfriend has a bike, so we’re a bit of a biker family.- Thomas Brodie-Sangster
I think I’d be quite good at Builder, like designer, construction… I’ve always liked making things. I’m quite good with my hands. So I think I’d be quite good at designing new inventions.- Thomas Brodie-Sangster
I never went to a drama school or anything. I just gave it my best shot, and everyone seemed to like it, so I carried on doing it.- Thomas Brodie-Sangster
I’m not a ‘guitarist.’ I’m trying to be a bassist.- Thomas Brodie-Sangster