Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tobey Maguire. Check it out!
Tobias Vincent Maguire was born in Santa Monica, California. His parents were 18 and 20, and not yet married, when he was born. His mother, Wendy (Brown), did advertising, publicity, and acting in Hollywood for years as she coached and managed Tobey. His father, Vincent Maguire, was a cook and sometimes a construction worker. Tobey did not finish high school in order to pursue and focus on acting roles, but he did end up getting his GED. He did several commercials (he was a model dancer for Nordstrom by age six), and he had some roles on various TV shows before landing a starring role on the Fox comedy Great Scott! (1992). That role lasted nine weeks before the show was canceled. Fox-made series were not doing well in general at the time. He avoids drugs and alcohol, and his best friend is Leonardo DiCaprio. Tobey is a vegan and studies yoga. He now has two beautiful children with his wife Jennifer Meyer Maguire. Their names are Ruby Sweetheart and Otis Tobias Maguire. Another little known fact is that his two half-brothers, Jopaul and Weston Epp, were the child actors who handed Tobey (Peter Parker) his mask after the train scene in Spider-Man 2.
Interesting Facts about Tobey Maguire
- During the Australian release period of Spider-Man (2002), he appeared on an Australian late-night variety show with his co-star Willem Dafoe. During this interview, when asked if he was a fan of the comic book, he claimed that he had never touched a Spider-Man comic book before and that he never wanted to read them.
- While promoting The Good German (2006) on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992), he revealed the baby’s name, Ruby Sweetheart.
- Son-in-law of Ron Meyer.
- Lives in Los Angeles, California.
- He was considered for the role of Norman Bates in Psycho (1998) before Vince Vaughn was cast.
- Considered for the role of Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).
- Close friend of Leonardo DiCaprio
- Enjoys playing chess.
- Was in attendance at the wedding of Reese Witherspoon to Jim Toth (26 March 2011).
- One of his paternal great-grandfathers was Austrian and one of his paternal great-grandmothers was Puerto Rican. His other ancestry includes English, Irish, Danish, French, and German.
- He will get $26 million for the two sequels to Spider-Man (2002).
- He played in the World Series of Poker. On October 27, 2004, he won the Phil Hellmuth Poker Invitational at the Hollywood Park Casino in Los Angeles, taking a first prize of $95,480.
Personal Quotes by Tobey Maguire
I have no illusions at all about being a sex symbol. None of my former girlfriends ever thought of me that way, and I don’t have any packs of women chasing me down the street like a Brad Pitt or someone like that.– Tobey Maguire
I’ve been curious about certain things, but didn’t let them get in the way of my life. I don’t know how people becoem successful with some kind of habit.– Tobey Maguire
I believe in a higher force that is within me.– Tobey Maguire
To me, the whole idea of fame and I think it can be a real test of somebody, of who they are. You know, ’cause some strange things happen. I’ve seen some peculiar things as far as a person just living their life.– Tobey Maguire
People, photographers, people in the press can sometimes be inappropriate.– Tobey Maguire