Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tom Felton. Check it out!
Tom Felton was born in Epsom, Surrey, to Sharon and Peter Felton. He has been acting since he was 8 years old at the suggestion of an actress friend of his family who recognized Felton’s theatrical qualities. Felton met with an agent, and two weeks later, after auditioning with over 400 other children, he landed an international commercial campaign and went abroad to work.
Interesting Facts about Tom Felton
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue (May 2010).
- Resides in Venice Beach, California.
- His natural hair color is dark blonde. He bleached his hair platinum blonde for all eight of the Harry Potter films. Over the 10-year period the franchise was filmed, it was said that he had to color his hair every ten days. He said in an interview when the series had ended that he was looking forward to not having to dye his hair anymore.
- Hadn’t read any of the Harry Potter books prior to being cast as Draco Malfoy.
- Had said he would enjoy studying fishery management in college, but admitted in interviews during the fall of 2009, that he would prefer to continue acting.
- Stated in multiple interviews over time that his favorite film of the Harry Potter franchise is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009).
- Attended Howard of Effingham School, an academy school located in Effingham, Leatherhead, Surrey, England. He left school at the age of sixteen in May of 2004 after completing his GCSEs.
- Is the youngest of four children. He has three older brothers; Ashley, Chris, and Jonathan.
- Has two tattoos; a dog on the inside of his right bicep and palm trees on the inside of his right ankle.
- Loves shopping in New York. He loves clothing from the Air Jordan collection.
- Was in a relationship with production assistant Jade Gordon from 2008 until January of 2016. The two met on the set of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009). Prior to his relationship with Gordon, he was seeing singer/songwriter Melissa Tamschick from 2004 until 2007.
- His filming schedule for the Harry Potter films was as follows: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) (July 2003), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) (April 2004), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) (March 2006), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) (May 2008), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) (March 2010).
Personal Quotes by Tom Felton
I’m terrible at texting people back. It takes me, like, three days. I’m not a big phone person.- Tom Felton
It’s fun to be blond, and it’s almost difficult to remember how I used to look with my proper hair color.- Tom Felton
I like the laid-back ladies. Looks are stressed so much these days, and a lot of girls feel they need to do all of these weird and wonderful things to look good, and they really don’t. The best-looking girls don’t do anything; they just sort of know they’re beautiful, especially in jeans and a hoodie.- Tom Felton
I remember my first scene with Alan Rickman, and I was anxious because he is a slight ‘method’ actor; as soon as he is in his cloak, he walks and talks like Snape – it is quite terrifying. But I really wanted to talk to him because ‘Robin Hood’ was one of my favourite films.- Tom Felton
It’s definitely more fun playing a bad guy. It feels a lot better than playing one of the good guys.- Tom Felton