Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tom Hopper. Check it out!
English-born Tom Hopper has come a long way in his acting career. A former student of Rose Bruford College where he studied acting, Tom Hopper has become widely known for his involvement in both films and in some of television’s highly popular drama series including Merlin (2008) as the strongman knight Sir Percival, followed with a memorable performance (almost appearing as the spitting image of Marvel Comic’s “Thor” played by Chris Hemsworth) in the medieval swashbuckler Northmen – A Viking Saga (2014). Then Hopper joined a two-part mini-series Barbarians Rising (2016) as the Roman soldier Arminius, before signing on with the Starz drama series Black Sails (2014). Without losing any demand for his 6’5″, musculature presence, HBO’s medieval fantasy drama series Game of Thrones (2011) recruited him for its eighth season to portray the swordsman-hunter Dickon Tarly.
Interesting Facts about Tom Hopper
- Studied acting at Rose Bruford College, graduating with an honors degree in 2006.
- Was rumored to star in the remake “First Blood”, as John J. Rambo. The movie was supposed to take place during Vietnam War. The movie never materialized.
- Is on the cover of Men’s Health Magazine (October 2015).
- Loves rugby and golf.
- Has two children with his wife Laura Hopper – a son Freddie Douglas Hopper (b. June 1, 2015) and a daughter Truly Rose Hopper (b. July 6, 2018).
- Voted Expert Choice by the The Stage at the Rose Bruford Acting Showcase June 2006.
Personal Quotes by Tom Hopper
Don’t break a leg, anyone. Do not break a leg. It’s really boring.- Tom Hopper
I think I found that when I was doing a show on a regular basis and just acting constantly, that was when I was at my happiest.- Tom Hopper
London’s so busy, London’s manic half the time.- Tom Hopper
Merlin’ was a big step; it was my first big role in a show.- Tom Hopper
I forget I’m on a TV show sometimes.- Tom Hopper