Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Trevor Noah. Check it out!
Trevor Noah was born on February 20, 1984 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is a producer and writer, known for The Daily Show (1996), Black Panther (2018) and Born a Crime.
Interesting Facts about Trevor Noah
- Considers himself a political progressive.
- Is a huge fan of roller coasters.
- He is good friends with John Legend and his wife Chrissy Teigen.
- He wrote two versions of his autobiography “Born a Crime”. The original version contained some profanity, so he wrote an adapted version without the profanity so that children could read it.
- He is good friends with Seth Meyers.
- He thinks Donald Trump is weird looking and has incestuous feelings for Ivanka Trump.
- He has referred to Jon Stewart as a major influence following his announcement of taking over The Daily Show (1996). He has even likened him to a “Jewish Yoda”.
- He is a polyglot; he speaks English, Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Tsonga, Afrikaans and some German.
- When Noah was 10 or 11, his mom decided to convert to Judaism.
- Merited a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” (Pioneers) with an homage penned by Lupita Nyong’o [April 2018].
- A new George Mason University study found that he had made 315 jokes about President Trump’s first 100 days in office.[May 2017].
- When he was young, Trevor was thrown out of a minibus by his mother, because she thought the driver, from another tribe, was trying to kill them.
Personal Quotes by Trevor Noah
I lost contact with my father for many years because of apartheid. For, like, six years, I didn’t see my dad. And, now, this was the six years of being a teenager.– Trevor Noah
I don’t think I have thick skin, but I heal fast. It’s easy to break through, but I heal fast.– Trevor Noah
Most of my show is true; like, 90% of everything I say on stage is true. I just have to find the way to make it funny – that’s the difficult thing.– Trevor Noah
Nobody owns comedy. Nobody owns a premise. Nobody owns an idea.– Trevor Noah