Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tyler Hoechlin. Check it out!
Tyler Hoechlin was born on September 11, 1987 in Corona, California, USA as Tyler Lee Hoechlin. He is an actor, known for Road to Perdition (2002), Everybody Wants Some!! (2016) and Teen Wolf (2011).
Interesting Facts about Tyler Hoechlin
- Portrays DC Comics icon Clary Kent/Superman in Supergirl (2015). His real life prom date was Katie Cassidy who stars as DC icon Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary/Black Siren in Arrow (2012) and The Flash (2014).
- Auditioned for the role of Max in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003), but lost to Shia LaBeouf.
- Hit into the last out ever at LSU’s Alex Box Stadium during the 2008 NCAA Baseball Super-Regional as a member of the UCI Anteaters.
- Is shorter and younger than co-star Mehcad Brooks, who portrays James Olsen on Supergirl (2015). It is usually the opposite when the characters are depicted in other media.
- He was offered the role as Emmett Cullen in the “Twilight” saga, but turned it down to play college baseball.
- Was considered by Zack Snyder and Warner Bros for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) but lost out to Ben Affleck. Hoechlin later was, however, cast as Clark Kent/Superman on Supergirl (2015).
- Received a college scholarship to play baseball at Arizona State University (2005).
- His father is of one quarter Swiss-German and three quarters German descent. His mother has English, German, Norwegian, Scottish, and Irish ancestry. Tyler’s patrilineal line can be traced back to his great-great-grandfather, Conrad C. Hoechlin, who was born, c. 1839, in Switzerland.
- Owns a red Hummer H2
- Son of Don and Lori Hoechlin.
- Has 2 brothers (Tanner and Travis) and a sister (Carrie).
- Was as old as Melissa Benoist (28 years old) when cast as Superman on Supergirl (2015), though his incarnation of Superman is supposed to be twelve years older than his cousin, Kara Zor-El.
Personal Quotes by Tyler Hoechlin
I love going to movies by myself.- Tyler Hoechlin
For me, as an actor, one of the biggest fears on a TV show is getting stuck in something where you end up feeling like you’re doing the same thing, every single year.- Tyler Hoechlin
I played baseball my entire life, up through college and everything, so working out and being physically active was always a huge part of my life. I’ll spend at least a couple of hours in the gym a day.- Tyler Hoechlin
If I’m in the gym I’ll stay for a while, and I’m not usually in a hurry to leave.- Tyler Hoechlin
My girlfriend and I never let each other forget how much we love each other. It’s all about reminding the other person how important and special she is to you.- Tyler Hoechlin