Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vanessa Marcil. Check it out!
Vanessa Marcil was born Vanessa Sally Ortiz on October 15, 1968 in Indio, California to Patricia Irene Ortiz (née Marcil), an herbalist & Pete Ortiz, a contractor. She grew up in Indio with her parents, big brother: Pete Samuel “Sam” Ortiz Jr. (November 16, 1958 – November 7, 2019) and big sisters: Tina (b. October 20, 1959) & Sherry (b. September 7, 1962). When Vanessa was 8, she started acting in plays and even performed her own song at a sixth-grade talent show, which she won. Soon afterward she began pursuing an acting career and starred in several theatre productions before landing the role of Brenda Barrett on the ABC daytime soap opera General Hospital (1963) in 1992.
Interesting Facts about Vanessa Marcil
- Her favorite movies are The Godfather (1972), Urban Cowboy (1980), An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), Terms of Endearment (1983), and Life Is Beautiful (1997).
- Named in honor of actress Vanessa Redgrave.
- Had a tattoo on her lower back of a tribal symbol representing peace and love in the universe. She had the tattoo removed in 2018.
- Her best friend is Suzanne Whang of HGTV’s House Hunters (1999). They first met when Suzanne was cast as Polly on NBC’s Las Vegas (2003). Suzanne’s also the godmother of Vanessa’s son, Kassius.
- She has suffered from agoraphobia.
- Attended College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California, where she studied law.
- Has two dogs named Cowboy and Whiskey.
- She has designed a line of children’s clothing called, ‘Kass’ (named in honor of her son Kassius) for Africa. A portion of the proceeds will go to help build schools and open centers to support and empower mothers and their children in Africa.
- Married Carmine Giovinazzo, from CSI: NY (2004), on July 11, 2010 in New York.
- Opened Patricia House in Los Angeles, which will aid women who can no longer care for their children. Created a hotline for these women to have their babies placed in good homes.
- Loves to ride motorcycles.
- Has a stepdaughter: Riley Martin (b. March 27, 2004) with fiancé, MC Martin.
Personal Quotes by Vanessa Marcil
Acting probably saved my life. It gave me a home and a safe place to let out all of my emotions and have it be okay.- Vanessa Marcil
Because of my crazy work schedule, I have become something of a master at changing my clothes while driving. The men driving next to me love it.- Vanessa Marcil
What makes a woman beautiful is her loyalty to and her friendships with other women, and her honesty with men.- Vanessa Marcil
I don’t know any woman who doesn’t have an anxiety attack about wearing a bathing suit.- Vanessa Marcil
My family didn’t have any money growing up. I’m just a girl from the ghetto; from Indio, California.- Vanessa Marcil