Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vera Farmiga. Check it out!
Vera Farmiga is an American actress who has received an Academy Award nomination for her role in Up in the Air (2009) and Primetime Emmy Award nominations for her roles in Bates Motel (2013) and When They See Us (2019).
Interesting Facts about Vera Farmiga
- Can speak some French and Spanish, in addition to being fluent in English and Ukrainian.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 35, son Fynn Hawkey (Fynn McDonnell Hawkey) on January 13, 2009. Child’s father is her 2nd husband, Renn Hawkey.
- Has made two films with sister Taissa Farmiga: Higher Ground (2011) and At Middleton (2013).
- Turned down the role of Lynn Childers in Machine Gun Preacher (2011) as she had become pregnant with her daughter Gytta.
- The set of The Conjuring (2013) was allegedly haunted. Farmiga apparently received an unexplained claw-shaped scratch on her thigh, and a similarly-shaped mark also appeared on her laptop screen.
- Is a fan of the novels “A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian” by Marina Lewycka, “Pilgrim at Tinker Creek” by Annie Dillard, “Identity” by Milan Kundera, and “Wildlife” by Richard Ford.
- Began studying Muay Thai boxing during the second season of Bates Motel (2013). She previously studied the sport as a 20-year-old.
- Owns homes in Hudson Valley, New York and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Attended St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic School.
- Freddie Highmore is godfather to her son, Fynn Hawkey.
- Last name is pronounced far-MEE-guh.
- Is an alumnus of the prestigious Barrow Group theatre company.
Personal Quotes by Vera Farmiga
I think maybe I was a shepherdess in a past life.Vera Farmiga
There are women who make things better, there are women who change things, there are women who make things happen, who make a difference. I want to be one of those women.Vera Farmiga
You don’t have to be gay to be attracted to your friend.Vera Farmiga
Someone once told me that religion is like a knife: You can stab someone with it, or you can slice bread with it.Vera Farmiga
We’re all sick of holy wars and bloodshed because religion is supposed to give us life and a better life and is supposed to bring out our best self. When it results in mass destruction and hatred and anxiety, it’s the antithesis I think of what religion was designed to do.Vera Farmiga