Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vin Diesel. Check it out!
Vin Diesel was born Mark Sinclair in Alameda County, California, along with his fraternal twin brother, Paul Vincent. He was raised by his astrologer/psychologist mother, Delora Sherleen (Sinclair), and adoptive father, Irving H. Vincent, an acting instructor and theatre manager, in an artists’ housing project in New York City’s Greenwich Village. He never knew his biological father. His mother is white (with English, German, Scottish, and Irish ancestry), and his adoptive father is African-American; referring to his biological father’s background, Diesel has said that he himself is “definitely a person of colour”.
Interesting Facts about Vin Diesel
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7000 Hollywood Blvd. on August 26, 2013.
- He and his girlfriend, Paloma Jiménez, welcomed their first child, daughter Hania Riley, on April 2, 2008.
- Despite being only 5′ 11¾” (1.82 m) his muscular physic makes him look bigger and taller.
- His third child, a daughter, is named Pauline after late best friend and co-star Paul Walker. Mother is Paloma Jiménez.
- In addition to being considered for the role of Hellboy in 2004, he was also considered for the part of Abe Sapien.
- Producing partner with George Zakk. Their company is called One Race Productions. Also owns a record label called Racetrack Records.
- Vin revealed in several interviews that he has remained extremely close to friend and The Fast and the Furious (2001) co-star Michelle Rodriguez. His children even refer to her as their aunt.
- He worked as a bouncer in New York at the famous nightclubs Tunnel (which has since closed) and Mars.
- Was listed as a potential nominee on both the 2003 and 2004 Razzie Award nominating ballots. He was listed as a suggestion for the Worst Actor category on the 2003 ballot for his performances in the films Knockaround Guys (2001) and xXx (2002). And was listed as a suggestion again on the nominating ballot in the Worst Actor category the next year for his role in A Man Apart (2003). He did not receive either nomination. The following year though, he finally received his first Razzie nomination for Worst Actor in the film The Chronicles of Riddick (2004). However, he did not “win”.
- During his teens, he performed breakdancing in an instructional video on the subject.
- Both of his movies that came out in 2000 came out on the same day. Boiler Room (2000) and Pitch Black (2000) were both released on February 18, 2000.
- Was considered to voice the role of Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) before James Spader was cast.
Personal Quotes by Vin Diesel
I shaved my head about 15 years ago and the first time I shaved it, I started running my hand through my hair and it was very therapeutic.– Vin Diesel
I’m the most ambitious person you ever met.– Vin Diesel
I haven’t had that many weird encounters with fans, thank God.– Vin Diesel
If it’s an amazing role, I’ll do anything.– Vin Diesel
My mother gave me this book called Feature Films at Used Car Prices by a guy named Rick Schmidt. I gotta credit the guy, cuz he gave me the most practical advice. It empowers you.– Vin Diesel