Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vince Vaughn. Check it out!
Vincent Anthony Vaughn was born on March 28, 1970, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, and was raised in Lake Forest, Illinois. His parents are Vernon Vaughn, a salesman and character actor, and Sharon Vaughn (née Sharon Eileen DePalmo), a real-estate agent and stockbroker. They divorced in 1991. He has two older sisters, Victoria Vaughn and Valeri Vaughn. His recent ancestry includes Lebanese (from his paternal grandmother), Italian (from his maternal grandfather), English, Irish, German, and Scottish. His mother was born in Brantford, Ontario.
Interesting Facts about Vince Vaughn
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $25 million.
- Is a Libertarian.
- Younger brother of Valeri Vaughn and Victoria Vaughn.
- Is a Chicago Blackhawks fan.
- On June 8, 2019, Vince Vaughn received the third highest award bestowed by the United States Army to a civilian. He was presented with the Meritorious Public Service Medal in recognition of his lasting contributions to service member’s morale. Mr. Vaughn has visited numerous military bases both domestically and internationally many times holding special screenings of his films. The award was presented at the annual ball hosted by the Greater Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA). The ball also celebrated the 244th birthday of the Army and the 75th anniversary of Operation Overlord, the code name given to the battle of Normandy during WWII. He was also recognized for his work in retelling a soldier’s story in the Mel Gibson film, Hacksaw Ridge (2016). In the film, Mr. Vaughn plays Sgt. Howell.
- Attended Lake Forest High School, class of 1988.
- His mother, Sharon Vaughn, was born in Brantford, Ontario, Canada.
- Vince’s dad, Vernon Vaughn, can be seen as the man sitting at the “$100 minimum bet table” in the movie Swingers (1996).
- Vaughn was banned from Wilmington, N.C. bars, ordered to undergo alcohol assessment, and fined $250 after an April brawl. [May 2001]
- Resides in Chicago.
- Good friends with actor Jon Favreau and Joaquin Phoenix.
- Was in a relationship with Jennifer Aniston (August 2005-November 2006).
Personal Quotes by Vince Vaughn
I think with improv – and I say it all the time because it’s become such a catch thing that you talk about improv – if the scene is well-written, you don’t need to improv. But that being said, if something strikes you in the moment and, most importantly, you know where the scene is supposed to go, it’s no different than method acting.- Vince Vaughn
For me, I love California. I feel like it’s my second home in that I moved out by choice at eighteen. It gave me opportunities that I didn’t have anywhere else.- Vince Vaughn
I’m not a big gadget guy. When I write, I’ll do the whole thing by hand, and then I’ll put it into the computer.- Vince Vaughn
I was never a big fashion person, and so I’m sure I wore whatever. I was growing, and so I just wore whatever clothes that weren’t that expensive and made sense at the time. But I’m sure that I look back and say, ‘What was I thinking?’ My adolescence was more in the ’80s, and that’s more my cross to bear.- Vince Vaughn
When you’re younger, you feel like work is work and relationships are supposed to be easy. As you get older, you realize you have to work at relationships to make them sustainable.- Vince Vaughn