Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vinessa Shaw. Check it out!
Vinessa Shaw was born on July 19, 1976 in Los Angeles, California, USA as Vinessa Elizabeth Shaw. She is an actress and director, known for 3:10 to Yuma (2007), Hocus Pocus (1993) and Eyes Wide Shut (1999). She has been married to Kristopher Gifford since 2017. They have one child.
Interesting Facts about Vinessa Shaw
- Vinessa is named after her grandfather, Vincent.
- Niece of Vicki Damante.
- Attended Pitzer College, but never graduated.
- Auditioned for the part of Jenny Everdeane in Gangs of New York (2002).
- Vinessa’s paternal grandfather was of Russian Jewish descent. The surname “Shaw” was originally “Schwartz”. Vinessa’s maternal grandfather was of Italian descent, with his family being from Calabria and Naples, Italy. Vinessa’s other ancestry is Irish, German, English, 1/16th Spanish/Mexican, Swedish, Dutch, and French.
- Is also a model.
- Born on the same date as Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Has a son, Jack Hiroki Gifford (b. February 20, 2018 three weeks past his due date), with her husband Kristopher Gifford.
- Sister of Natalie Shaw.
- Ranked #66 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women In The World”. 
- Daughter of Susan Damante, with whom she appeared in Coyote Summer (1996).
- Grew up in Topanga Canyon in California.
Personal Quotes by Vinessa Shaw
The compassionate actions of a Buddha are essential to reforming and revitalizing society.- Vinessa Shaw
I’m a Buddhist and active in my Buddhist’s Association, and I’m actually a National Young Women’s representative for the organization, so I travel a lot helping young women who are practicing Buddhism.- Vinessa Shaw
In ‘Garden Party’ or ’40 Days and 40 Nights,’ I played characters who people don’t necessarily like; I just find some humanity in them.- Vinessa Shaw
I had done the child acting thing, which is pretty much learning your lines, standing there looking natural, and having fun.- Vinessa Shaw
I was going to school thinking I was going to do something entirely different, thought acting was just a hobby at that point, met Stanley Kubrick and was like, ‘Whoa, this can be an art form, and you can really move people the way you do simply by acting.’- Vinessa Shaw