Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Walton Goggins. Check it out!
Walton Goggins is an actor of considerable versatility and acclaim who has delivered provocative performances in a multitude of feature films and television series. He won a Critics’ Choice Award for his performance in the HBO comedy series “Vice Principals” and landed an Emmy nomination for his role of ‘Boyd Crowder’ on FX’s “Justified,” among numerous accolades.
Interesting Facts about Walton Goggins
- Goggins was the object of Georgia General Assembly House Resolution 1589, which stated that the members of the Georgia House commended him on his distinguished acting career and on his Academy Award on behalf of the residents of Lithia Springs, Douglas County, and the state of Georgia. While Goggins’ talent is certainly deserving of acting’s highest honor, he has yet to be recognized by the academy with an Oscar. The Accountant did win an Academy Award, and while Walton did act in the short film which earned him a Slamdance Film Festival award, the only recipients of the Academy Award for that film were writer and director Ray McKinnon and executive producer Lisa Blount.
- Good friends with his Justified (2010) co-star Timothy Olyphant.
- Goggins appeared in an extended trailer (or abbreviated pilot) for a fourth season of the low-rated but critically-beloved TV show, Veronica Mars (2004). Instead of being a college undergraduate, as she was at the end of season three, in the spec season four, Veronica has graduated from college and the FBI Academy and is starting her first day as a FBI agent. The pitch contained a whole new cast of, heretofore unseen, characters and, except for Veronica herself, none of the characters from the show’s previous seasons. Goggins was cast as Veronica’s FBI supervisor. The CW failed to pick up this new version of Veronica Mars (2004) and the show was canceled.
- His two favorite authors are W. Somerset Maugham and Hermann Hesse.
- Passionate about scuba diving.
- Grew up in an 1850s Georgia farmhouse.
- Co-owner of “Ginny Mule Pictures”, along with partner Ray McKinnon, a film and television production company.
- He initially turned down the role of Boyd Crowder on Justified (2010) because he was concerned it would be a negative stereotype of Southerners. He finally agreed to shoot the pilot, in which Boyd was originally killed. However, his character did so well with testing audiences that it was decided to reshoot the end of the pilot to allow Boyd to live and be a recurring character.
- Father of Augustus, born 2011.
- Born in Alabama but raised in Georgia.
- Studied acting for 12 years under Harry Mastrogeorge and David Le Grand.
- He has had significant dental work done after his teeth were knocked out twice as a child, once while playing baseball and again in an accident on a diving board.
Personal Quotes by Walton Goggins
I really believe that when you’re playing a character that everything is contained in the script. If I’m pulling from things from my own life, then I think I’m being disingenuous to the character and the story.Walton Goggins
I aimlessly travel, meaning I have no agenda other than to get small in the world, be quiet and observe people.Walton Goggins
The life of a character doesn’t just exist between action and cut.Walton Goggins
I do not have the angst and the anxiety of my youth. I’ve gotten to a place where I’m very comfortable with who I am.Walton Goggins
I wrote about wasting time, which I suppose is a part of the great human journey. We’re supposed to wallow, to go through the desert without water for a long time so that when we finally drink it, we’ll truly need it and we won’t spill a drop. It’s about being present.Walton Goggins