Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Yvonne Strahovski. Check it out!
Yvonne Jaqueline Strzechowski was born and raised in Australia. Her parents were Polish immigrants. She attended the Santa Sabina College for her high school education. She then went on to study Performance at the University of Western Sydney’s School of Contemporary Arts, graduating in 2003. Shortly afterwards, she landed her first role on television in an episode of Double the Fist: Fear Factory (2004). Her next role was also on Australian television, appearing in several episodes of Headland (2005). In 2007, she made her big screen debut in Gone (2006). This performance caught the attention of casting directors in Hollywood. She decided to move from Australia to Los Angeles and, on her third day of arrival, she landed her breakthrough role as “Sarah Walker” in Chuck (2007).
Interesting Facts about Yvonne Strahovski
- Did the voice of Stalyan on two episodes of Tangled: The Series. The Male lead of the show is voiced by her previous Chuck co-star Zachary Levi, who does the voice of Eugene in the series.
- In 2011 Cosmopolitan Magazine (Australia) awarded her the Fun Fearless Female of the Year along with Favorite TV Actress.
- Was a straight-A student in school.
- Over the summer 2017 she secretly married her boyfriend of more than 6 years Tim Loden in Northern California.
- Has a son (b. October 2018) with her husband Tim Loden.
- Is of Polish descent and speaks fluent Polish.
- Nominated for the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television category for her role as Serena Joy Waterford in The Handmaid’s Tale (2017), but lost to Patricia Clarkson for Sharp Objects (2018).
- Sent in her audition tape for the show Chuck (2007) while in the US doing an audition for two other shows. She was contacted by the producers of “Chuck” the next day to come in to “run lines” with Zachary Levi, who played “Chuck”. The chemistry was undeniable and the producers called her back a week later to let her know she got the job. Six months later she moved to the US and was cast as the leading lady on “Chuck” three days later.
- She was honored, along with Liam Hemsworth, for her work in international roles with the 2012 Australians in Film Breakthrough Award.
- Ranked #46 in Maxim’s Hot 100 of 2013.
- Ranked #77 in Maxim’s Hot 100 of 2010.
- In March 2008 she was ranked #24 on Wizard magazine’s Sexiest Women of TV list.
Personal Quotes by Yvonne Strahovski
We did a lot of high school productions. My first was ‘Twelfth Night.’ I played Viola. We did ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ and ‘Taming of the Shrew,’ and a lot of musicals: ‘The Wiz,’ ‘Bye Bye Birdie,’ ‘Oliver.’- Yvonne Strahovski
Growing up in Australia, space exploration wasn’t something I was too aware of.- Yvonne Strahovski
I feel lucky that I got to work with some of the big legends in town.- Yvonne Strahovski
One of the books I remember reading when I was young and always thought would be a great role to play is Catherine in ‘Wuthering Heights.’ I like the classics.- Yvonne Strahovski
You definitely cannot please everyone at all.- Yvonne Strahovski