Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Zachary Levi. Check it out!
The middle child between two sisters, Zachary Levi was born as Zachary Levi Pugh on September 29, 1980 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to Susan (Hoctor) and Darrell Alton Pugh. He uses his middle name as his stage surname because his birth name, “Pugh”, which is of Welsh origin, sounds too much like “Pew.” His other ancestry includes English, French, German, Irish, and Scottish. He grew up all over the country before his family put down roots in Ventura County, California. At the early age of six, Zachary began acting, singing and dancing in school and local theater productions.
Interesting Facts about Zachary Levi
- In 2007, Daily News named Zachary Levi as one of five actors to watch.
- Owns two motorcycles, a Harley-Davidson FXDX and a Ducati Monster 750CC.
- Is friends with Reaper (2007) star Bret Harrison. They did a photo shoot together for USA Weekend as “Most Likely to Be Breakout Stars” in 2007.
- His wife, Missy, filed for divorce after a 4 month separation (April, 2015).
- Launched a website called “The Nerd Machine” and every year since 2010 hosts an event called Nerd HQ which coincides with Comic Con San Diego and raises money for the charity Operation Smile.
- Had to get 14 stitches on his hand after putting it through a light fixture in his living room during a game of tennis on his Nintendo Wii.
- Aside from an actor, Zac has worked as a busboy, at Blockbuster, and at a car wash.
- Was ranked #22 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list. (2008).
- He has English, French, German, Irish, Welsh, Northern Irish, Scottish, and Swiss ancestry.
- Owns a Nissan GT-R super sports car, one of the first people to get one in the US.
- Son of Susan (Hoctor) and Darrell Alton Pugh. His father was born in Minnesota. His mother was raised in California, as was Zachary.
- Performed as a singer with Katharine McPhee in her recording of “Terrified”, and can be seen in her music video.
Personal Quotes by Zachary Levi
I’m a ‘Lost’ guy, I love ‘Lost.’- Zachary Levi
I think that ‘Family Guy’ is hysterical. It’s edgy and hip – and they can do whatever they want to do because it’s animated and they’re not limited by budget.- Zachary Levi
I started in theater, and I love to go back to theater, just to have the experience and recharge my batteries, creatively.- Zachary Levi
Aladdin’ was probably my favorite Disney animation when I was a kid. The animation was great and Robin Williams was unbelievable as the Genie. ‘Aladdin’ was an amazing adventure and the lead character was a hero for guys, which I loved. It wasn’t a princess or a girl beating the odds; it was a street rat. That seemed really cool to me.- Zachary Levi
My whole background, my whole life was just lots and lots of theater, a lot of that being musical theater.- Zachary Levi