Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Zack Snyder. Check it out!
Zachary Edward “Zack” Snyder (born March 1, 1966) is an American film director, film producer, and screenwriter, best known for action and science fiction films. Snyder made his feature film debut with the 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead and has gone on to be known for his comic book movies and superhero films, including 300 (2007), Watchmen (2009), Man of Steel (2013) and its upcoming sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). Snyder is the co-founder of Cruel and Unusual Films, a production company he established in 2004, alongside his wife Deborah Snyder and producing partner Wesley Coller.
Interesting Facts about Zack Snyder
- Dubbed “The Wizard” by journalist/filmmaker Chad Clinton Freeman.
- Attended Art Center College of Design at Pasadena, California.
- He and and his wife producer Deborah Snyderstepped down from finishing Justice League (2017), after the suicide of his daughter Autumn in March 2017. They tried to remain on the film as a way to work through the difficult family situation, but decided after two months to step away from the project to spend time with their family. Joss Whedon took over as director, managing additional scenes that need to be included in the final cut as well as re-shoots.
- He is a trained painter.
- He is no relation to DC Comics writer Scott Snyder.
- Widely considered to be one of the most polarizing directors of his generation.
- Emily Browning said that working with him on Sucker Punch (2011) convinced her not to walk away from her acting career.
- Father of 8 children. Four, Olivia, Willow, Autumn, and Eli, with his first wife Denis Weber; Ezekiel and Jett Elin from his relationship with Kirsten Elin; and Willow and Autumn, which he adopted with Deborah Snyder from China.
- Daughter Autumn Snyder committed suicide in March 2017. She was 20.
- He has said that his favorite films are Excalibur (1981), The Road Warrior (1981), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Blue Velvet (1986), Robocop (1987), Brazil (1985) and he has also named The Searchers (1956) and Hope And Glory (1987) as other favorites.
- He has said that his favorite film is Excalibur (1981).
- Was 37 years old when he directed his first feature length film.
Personal Quotes by Zack Snyder
Music has that ability to be a magical thing, and I was like, maybe music is the vehicle that transports us to that other world.- Zack Snyder
When I make a live-action movie, it’s a very physical process. It’s like running a marathon.- Zack Snyder
The problem is, when you’re making an animated movie, the studio has an illusion in their minds – and it’s really not true – that because it’s a drawing, it can be changed at any time.- Zack Snyder
The challenge with ‘Watchmen’ is making sure that the ideas that were in the book got into the movie. That was my biggest stretch. I wanted people to watch the movie and get it. It’s one of those things where, over time, it has happened more.- Zack Snyder