Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Zooey Deschanel. Check it out!
Zooey Deschanel was born in 1980 into a showbiz family. Her father, Caleb Deschanel, is an Academy Award-nominated cinematographer (perhaps most notably for The Passion of the Christ (2004)) and her mother, Mary Jo Deschanel (née Weir), is an actress who appeared in Twin Peaks (1990). Her paternal grandfather was French, and her other roots include English, German, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch.
Interesting Facts about Zooey Deschanel
- Mother, with estranged husband Jacob Pechenik, of daughter Elsie Otter Pechenik (b. July 2015 in Austin, Texas) and son Charlie Wolf Pechenik (b. May 2017 in Los Angeles, California).
- Ranked #17 on Askmen’s list of the top 99 “most desirable” women for 2013.
- Named for the male character in J.D. Salinger’s “Franny and Zooey”.
- Ranked #6 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Had six years of tap dancing lessons.
- Is part of the cabaret group called ‘If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies’.
- Was ranked #73 on Maxim magazine Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
- Went to high school with her Almost Famous (2000) co-star Kate Hudson.
- Is a big fan of actress Parker Posey.
- Plays the piano and the baritone ukulele.
- Loves Ella Fitzgerald.
- She spent several summers at camp upstate New York at French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. She was also featured in the video for The Offspring’s song “She’s Got Issues” and the accompanying MTV documentary The Offspring Complete Music Video Collection (2005). She also plays ukulele for the band ‘If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies’.
Personal Quotes by Zooey Deschanel
I always wanted to be normal. I tried really hard, but it’s like I try so hard and then people still say I’m offbeat. I’ve learnt to accept that and take advantage of it as an actor.- Zooey Deschanel
Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.- Zooey Deschanel
I find sadness and strife to be so much more interesting with an upbeat melody.- Zooey Deschanel
I like to play the ukulele, but I’m not, like, awesome at it. I mostly play the piano and the guitar.- Zooey Deschanel
I like old movies, screwball comedies, vintage clothes, and basically I’m an old-fashioned gal.- Zooey Deschanel