Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alex O'Loughlin. Check it out!
The Australian actor Alex O’Loughlin was born in August 1976.
Interesting Facts about Alex O'Loughlin
- Had a one-year holding contract with CBS regarding his role in Moonlight (2007).
- One of his first professional acting jobs was as a background actor in a TV commercial, playing a member of the Australian military forces.
- Split from longtime girlfriend Holly Valance in February 2009.
- Alex O’Loughlin studied at NIDA, a Drama School in Sydney, Australia.
- Befriended co-star David Blue during the filming of Moonlight (2007). The two have remained good friends.
- Has a sister, Jennifer, who is one year younger than he is.
- Graduated from Australia’s National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney in June 2002, after completing a full-time three year Bachelor of Dramatic Art program.
- His father is a physics teacher and his mother is a nurse (who also plays the piano).
- His middle name has been reported as James.
- His girlfriend, Malia Jones, a surfer and model, gave birth to their first child together, a son named Lion, on October 25, 2012. Malia has another son, Spike, from her second marriage.
- Is one day younger than his Hawaii Five-0 co-star Scott Caan, who was born on August 23rd 1976.
- Enjoys riding motorcycles, climbing rocks, music, and playing his guitar.
Personal Quotes by Alex O'Loughlin
I am a big fan of vampires. I’ve always been obsessed with the genre, and the beautiful romanticism and erotic kind of nature of the immortal being, the undead who lives on human blood.- Alex O'Loughlin
My trumpeting sounds like a goose farting in the fog.- Alex O'Loughlin
I’m the son of an everyman. My father is a teacher. He teaches physics at a boys’ school in Sydney.- Alex O'Loughlin
The mecca of filmmaking in the world just so happens to be in America. It’s quite simply a case of us just going where the work is.- Alex O'Loughlin
There are many things I want to do, so many people I want to work with, so many different opportunities out there as an actor.- Alex O'Loughlin