Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Shannen Doherty. Check it out!
Shannen Doherty was born in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, on April 12, 1971, to Rosa (Wright) and John Doherty. Her father worked in a bank, while her mother owned a beauty parlor. She has an older brother, Sean. Her ancestry includes Irish, English, Scottish, and French. In 1978, at the tender age of seven, she and her family moved to Los Angeles, where her father started a West Coast branch of the family transportation business. She knew she wanted to pursue an acting career when she made her acting debut at age ten, with a role on the series Father Murphy (1981).
Interesting Facts about Shannen Doherty
- She likes listening to U2, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Frank Sinatra, Paolo Nutini, and Sam Smith.
- Her all-time favorite movies are The Godfather: Part II (1974), The Black Stallion (1979), and Pride & Prejudice (2005).
- Is a Republican.
- Couldn’t reach an agreement with the producers of Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) regarding specifics of her participation in the series finale so using edits and digital effects they removed her entirely from the next to last episode retrospective. An hour long special which included virtually every other actor in show’s history.
- Only appeared on Dancing with the Stars (2005) because her father was a big fan of the show. She was eliminated in the first round. Her father died a few months later.
- In her family, her father John, works at a bank; her mother Rosa, is the owner of a beauty parlor; she also has an older brother named Sean; born November 26, 1967.
- Just completed her first season as host of SciFi’s hidden camera show Scare Tactics (2003). [October 2003]
- She sang all her own vocals for the TV movie, Friends ‘Til the End (1997).
- Family moved to Los Angeles when she was 7 years old.
- Is a fan of 24 (2001). On that show’s Season 4 DVD set, she provides audio commentary on “3:00 PM – 4:00 PM” with episode writer Evan Katz.
- Landed a second job as an art director for a California based magazine called, ‘Pasadena’. 
- She earned a seven figure sum for posing in the December 2003 edition of Playboy.
Personal Quotes by Shannen Doherty
I realize it’s probably best to keep my politics to myself.- Shannen Doherty
I have never had anything done. I’ve been asked if I had breast implants. Whether I did or not, it’s nobody’s business but my own.- Shannen Doherty
I definitely lived my life like I wasn’t in the public eye.- Shannen Doherty
I’m from the South. I’m a Southern Baptist. I have a conservative point of view. I’m a Republican.- Shannen Doherty
I still get nervous on dates. I’ll be sitting at dinner with a guy and I have to excuse myself and go to the bathroom because I can’t breathe.- Shannen Doherty