Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alexander Ludwig. Check it out!
After starring in the hugely successful blockbuster, The Hunger Games (2012) (for which he received two awards), Alexander has gone on to work in films such as Lone Survivor (2013), The Final Girls (2015), and Bad Boys for Life (2020), and received critical acclaim for his performance as Bjorn Ironside in the Global hit television series, Vikings (2013).
Interesting Facts about Alexander Ludwig
- Originally one of the three finalists for the the role of Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games, but was later offered the Role of Cato By Director Gary Ross.
- Alexander attended USC and lives full time in Los Angeles, California.
- Is very close friends with AnnaSophia Robb.
- His paternal grandfather was German and his paternal grandmother was Belgian, from Antwerp. Alexander’s mother has English, Scottish, and some German and Jersey [Channel Islander], ancestry; her family has recently lived in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
- His mother is former actress Sharlene Martin, and his father is business exec. Harald Ludwig from Vancouver, Canada.
- The German name Ludwig means ‘famous warrior’. Alexander plays the “famous warrior” Cato in The Hunger Games (2012).
- He’s the eldest of four siblings, having two sisters and a brother.
- His lucky number is 7 because he was born on May 7, at 7 minutes to 7, and weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces.
- In the film The Final Girls (2015), in which Alexander co-starred, Taissa Farmiga’s character travels inside the 1980s slasher film, Camp Bloodbath, in which her actress mother (Malin Åkerman) played a major role. Alexander plays one of her friends, who is also transported into the film. Alexander’s casting was appropriate, because, his own mother Sharlene Martin had a memorable role in the 1980s slasher film Fredagen den 13:e del 8 (1989), playing Tamara Mason, a character similar to Åkerman’s.
- On the set of Race to Witch Mountain (2009), Dwayne Johnson gave him one of his personal guitars on his 16th birthday.
Personal Quotes by Alexander Ludwig
It’s so much easier just to eat and work out than not eat and work out like crazy.- Alexander Ludwig
I definitely want to study film. I’d like to have my own studio one day and just make a lot of movies.- Alexander Ludwig
My heart lies in music and acting, however, my inspiration comes from adrenaline rush I get from sports… and life.- Alexander Ludwig
Jessica Alba. I have the biggest crush on her, I can’t even tell you. I met her in Vancouver when she was filming ‘Good Luck Chuck.’- Alexander Ludwig
Modern reality TV sets up these competitive situations to show us real human nature.- Alexander Ludwig