Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alexandra Daddario. Check it out!
Alexandra Anna Daddario was born on March 16, 1986 in New York City, New York, to Christina, a lawyer, and Richard Daddario, a prosecutor. Her brother is actor Matthew Daddario, her sister is actor Catharine Daddario, and her grandfather was congressman Emilio Daddario (Emilio Q. Daddario), of Connecticut. She has Italian, Irish, Hungarian/Slovak ancestry. She wanted to be an actress when she was young. Her first job came at age 16, when she got the role of “Laurie Lewis” on All My Children (1970). Alex co-starred, with Logan Lerman and Brandon T. Jackson, in the role of Annabeth Chase in the Percy Jackson movies, Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief (2010) and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013), which were based on Rick Riordan’s best-selling teen books. At the end of 2012, Alex starred in the music video, Imagine Dragons’s “Radioactive”.
Interesting Facts about Alexandra Daddario
- Bought a house in Los Angeles, CA and lives a couple of streets away from her We Have Always Lived in the Castle (2018) co-star, Taissa Farmiga.
- Attended Marymount Manhattan College in NYC.
- Her parents are lawyers. Her father, Richard C. Daddario, was a federal prosecutor in New York City for 13 years before being named Head of the NYC Police Department’s Anti-terrorism Bureau (in 2010). Her mother is Christina Titus.].
- Appeared tied up and gagged in Texas Chainsaw (2013).
- Auditioned for the role of Helena Bertinelli/Huntress in Birds of Prey (2020). The role eventually went to Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
- Started acting in 2002 and has also worked in music departments. It happened in an episode of The Last Man on Earth (2015), but her very first experience was in Lie (2006), starring Alan Miller, featuring Miranda Cosgrove.
- Older sister of Matthew Daddario and Catharine Daddario.
- Ranked #80 on “Maxim”‘s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Auditioned for the lead role in Netflix’s Jessica Jones.
- When she was 16 she got transferred from Brearley School to the Professional Children’s School (in New York), so she could better focus on her acting skills.
- Her father is 75% Italian and 25% Irish, while her mother has Hungarian, Slovak, German, and English ancestry.
- She did voiceover work on “I Spy School Days” (a book of picture riddles).
Personal Quotes by Alexandra Daddario
Following your heart and working really, really hard is the best thing you can do, and just try not to be too hard on yourself.- Alexandra Daddario
When I was first starting out as a kid, I tried to pad my resume with everything I had ever done – ice-skate, carry a tune. I can’t dance for my life, but I can learn, so I’ll tell people I can dance. I play the piano – I’m a really good pianist, actually.- Alexandra Daddario
I wasn’t all that familiar with the ‘Texas Chainsaw’ franchise, and I knew who Leatherface was, but I had never seen any of the films, so I didn’t know what the meaning behind it was.- Alexandra Daddario
I do consider myself to be a smart, tough girl.- Alexandra Daddario
I think I’ve learned not to take everything so seriously and just try to focus on the work the most.- Alexandra Daddario