Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alicia Silverstone. Check it out!
Alicia Silverstone was born on October 4, 1976 in San Francisco, California, the youngest of three children. She is the daughter of Didi (Radford), a former flight attendant, and Monty Silverstone, a real estate investor. Her English-born father is from a Jewish family, while her Scottish-born mother converted to Judaism. Alicia’s career began at the tender age of six, when her father took some photos of his young daughter, which eventually led to her getting several television commercials. After a guest spot on The Wonder Years (1988) as a literal “dream girl”, she moved on to movies. She landed a role in The Crush (1993), a sort of Fatal Attraction (1987) for teenagers in which she portrayed a disturbed young girl obsessed with an older man. The nasty little role did not impress the critical establishment but it wowed its target audience: teenagers. In fact, the role won her the 1994 MTV Movie Award for “Best Villain” and “Breakthrough Performance”. It is interesting to note that during the filming of the movie, Alicia became an emancipated minor in order to get around child labor laws which would have interfered with her working hours. She was a dedicated actress from early on.
Interesting Facts about Alicia Silverstone
- Half-sister of David Silverstone and Kezi Silverstone.
- First commercial was for Domino’s Pizza.
- Ranked #66 in Men’s Health 100 Hottest Women of All Time (2011).
- (June 11, 2005) Married her boyfriend of 8 years Christopher Jarecki following a 16-month-long engagement.
- Was the “It” girl of the mid 1990s.
- Was offered a role in Scream 3 (2000).
- Her wedding ring was made by Neil Lane.
- Inducted into the Hair Fan’s Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California. She was a cheerleader.
- Ranked #5 on VH1’s “Hottest Hotties of the 90’s”.
- She is an animal rights activist. During the filming of Clueless (1995), she adopted a raggedy old mutt, who she found wandering the streets of Los Angeles. She named him “Samson,” and kept him on the set.
- Was turned down for the role of Juliet in Romeo + Juliet (1996).
Personal Quotes by Alicia Silverstone
I’m very uncomfortable with my body, and I’m not interested in people seeing it on screen.- Alicia Silverstone
I think any time anybody says something nasty about you, it’s hard to deal with it.- Alicia Silverstone
My favorite thing in the world is a box of fine European chocolates which is, for sure, better than sex.- Alicia Silverstone
Clothes make me dizzy.- Alicia Silverstone
I’ve been wanting to have a baby since I was 2 years old – I’m destined to be a mother.- Alicia Silverstone