Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Amanda Bynes. Check it out!
Amanda Laura Bynes was born on April 3, 1986, in Thousand Oaks, California, the youngest of three children of Lynn (Organ), a dental assistant, and Richard Bynes, a dentist. Her father is of Lithuanian, Irish, and Polish descent, and her mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family from Toronto. Amanda became interested in acting and performing from the age of three, when she would say her older sister Jillian’s lines with her while she performed in plays. It was from then on that her family and friends knew that she would be a star someday.
Interesting Facts about Amanda Bynes
- Dad, Rick Bynes, is a retired dentist. Her Mom, Lynn Bynes ( née Organ ) , worked in her father’s dental office. She has a sister, Jillian Bynes (b. February 1, 1983), and a brother, Thomas (b. December 5, 1973), who is a chiropractor, as well as a niece named Jaylynn (b. March 4, 2004).
- In June 2010, she announced (via Twitter) her retirement from acting. She retracted said announcement in August of that same year, although she hasn’t yet made a comeback.
- She currently (2006) drives a 2005 white Lexus SC430.
- Diagnosed with Schizophrenia after being placed on an involuntary 72-hour 5150 psychiatric hold. The mental health evaluation was later extended.
- First concert she ever attended was Britney Spears’.
- Has been charged with two counts of hit and run on September 4, 2012 in Los Angeles.
- Paper Boy and Ms. Pac Man are her favorite childhood video games.
- Plays the piano and the violin.
- First concert was the Spice Girls. She always wanted to be Posh.
- Co-hosts The View (1997) on May 6 and 7th… Also will soon start filming She’s the Man (2006) for DreamWorks Pictures. [May 2005]
- Shooting the cover of “Seventeen” magazine. [March 2008]
- Ranked #46 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 women of 2008 list.
Personal Quotes by Amanda Bynes
When you’re doing movies, you’re traveling all over the world and you really can’t be home.- Amanda Bynes
It’s really interesting with scripts, because you never really know. It’s paper and it could be great or awful. Even scripts that are good could end up not working.- Amanda Bynes
I get a script and it’s really interesting with scripts, because you never really know. It’s paper and it could be great or awful. Even scripts that are good could end up not working.- Amanda Bynes
Some people still see me as a kid, but I’m a 23-year-old woman now.- Amanda Bynes
Going to another country you’re not in your house, you’re with people you’ve never met before, and I think it’s definitely a good growing experience.- Amanda Bynes