Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Amanda Seyfried. Check it out!
Amanda Seyfried was born and raised in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to Ann (Sander), an occupational therapist, and Jack Seyfried, a pharmacist. She is of German, and some English and Scottish, ancestry. She began modeling when she was eleven, and acted in high school productions as well as taking singing lessons.
Interesting Facts about Amanda Seyfried
- Has an Australian shepherd dog named Finn who has his own Twitter account.
- Attended and graduated from William Allen High School in Allentown, Pennsylvania (2003).
- Second wife of Thomas Sadoski.
- Ranked #2 in Who magazine’s “Most Beautiful People” in 2010.
- Was considered for the roles of Regina and Cady in Mean Girls (2004). These roles eventually went to Rachel McAdams and Lindsay Lohan, respectively.
- Her father, Jack is a pharmacist, while her mother, Ann, is an occupational therapist.
- Good friends with American Gun (2005) co-star Nikki Reed.
- Gave birth to her daughter, Nina Sadoski, five weeks after her close friend, Amber Tamblyn, gave birth to her daughter, Marlowe.
- Auditioned for the lead role of Kelli Presley for the horror remake Black Christmas (2006), but lost out to Katie Cassidy.
- Beat several actresses for the role of Sophie Sheridan in the film Mamma Mia! (2008). One of the actresses was fellow co-star Rachel McAdams who acted alongside Seyfried in the film Mean Girls (2004). In this film, McAdams beat Seyfried for the role of Regina George.
- Named as having the “Sexiest lips” by Victoria’s Secret What Is Sexy list (2012).
- Returned to work 2 months after giving birth to her daughter, Nina Sadoski, to begin filming Gringo (2018).
Personal Quotes by Amanda Seyfried
Singing was my first love and I never even considered it after I started acting, but now I’m bringing it back into my life. I trained from the ages of 11 to 17. When I moved to New York and got into serious acting, I just kind of abandoned the whole singing thing. But when I grew up in Pennsylvania I went to voice lessons once a week.- Amanda Seyfried
I went to art school when I was little. I took ballet lessons. I played a little kick ball. I was sort of into everything because I had too much energy and I didn’t know where to put it. When I was a preteen, I got into singing, and became really obsessed with it.- Amanda Seyfried
Intimacy is a wonderful thing. It’s frustrating that growing up I thought it was wrong. It isn’t. Exploring your sexuality is important when you’re growing up.- Amanda Seyfried
Hollywood is just like high school. The popular people only like the other popular people. And the thing is, some people aren’t nice – or they’re nice, but only to your face, not elsewhere.- Amanda Seyfried
I don’t dye my hair and I can go without makeup.- Amanda Seyfried